Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heated gloves

Options
  • 09-12-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Heading Dublin tomorrow and I'm looking for a pair of heated gloves. Current bike does not really allow for heated grips etc etc.

Not interested in screens or those big muff things.

Anyone know where I can get some? Be it battery operated or connected to the bike battery.

Did a search and no one has listed and Irish/Dublin supplier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bodyguard1

Hi there you could try Maplin Electronics Store at the bottom of Henry Street I don't know the name of the street but its the street on the right just past Penny's up from Toymaster
    Hi,

Heading Dublin tomorrow and I'm looking for a pair of heated gloves. Current bike does not really allow for heated grips etc etc.

Not interested in screens or those big muff things.

Anyone know where I can get some? Be it battery operated or connected to the bike battery.

Did a search and no one has listed and Irish/Dublin supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭gipi

You might get heated gloves in Maplins, but they wouldn't have any protection like motorcycling gloves.

Give Cotters a ring - they might know where to source them if they don't have them in stock themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

More looking for proper ones. Maplins ones are more for cycling etc. Not much use at 70mph or coming off!

Will try give Cotters a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

I did hear that Mega Bikes on wexford street sell them but I don't know that for sure myself. Maybe try giving them a call too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Why aren't heated grips an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Cause I got custom grips on the bike and I'm not going to bother changing them cause I love em :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Cause I got custom grips on the bike and I'm not going to bother changing them cause I love em :-)

You can usually take the grips apart and put the heated elements under the existing grips. Did that with a friend on her bike, just tricky to get on, but definitely worth it, and works like a charm

Otherwise I'd be ordering some Klan or chili heated gloves.

http://www.cissburyleathers.co.uk/winter-thermals-c71.html

http://www.chilliheatedclothing.co.uk/

I have a Klan heated waistcoat and it's awesome when it's very cold out.

Advertisement