Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claims assessor

Options
  • 09-12-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi we are in process of claiming for car write off. We handed in car keys,log book and estimate for contents,all along every person I spoke to said that's all we had to do and process is complete (engineer put down write off and we agreed value of car over phone)
    I get a call today from assessor to arrange meeting about where crash happened and the events that happened. Never heard of assessor calling to house for car insurance?
    What's the normal procedure now? I thought the claim was complete when I handed in log book and agreed value (because girl in claims said it was!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Assessor or adjuster? Assessor would be someone you hired. Adjuster is the guy from the insurance company.

You say engineer? Was he from the insurance company or was it just some fella from the garage that told you he reckoned it was a right off?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

peteb2 wrote: »
    Assessor or adjuster? Assessor would be someone you hired. Adjuster is the guy from the insurance company.

You say engineer? Was he from the insurance company or was it just some fella from the garage that told you he reckoned it was a right off?

Hi thanks for replying.
    The car was in a recovery yard and was taken away by the insurance company to be examined. Got a call 2 days later from engineer/mechanic from insurance to go through the car details (basically tell me it was a write off!!!) we went through what happened etc and then agreed on value of car.
    I went in to insurance company with the log book and keys and nothing was said to me about someone meeting us???? I was told everything was done,claim going through and money in account next week. So why is a guy coming out to our house to meet us??? Girl on claims line didn't know either said the claim was complete. He wants to go through what happened,events,speak to driver and see car....car was examined as will be crushed!!! We dont exactly have the written off car parked in driveway!!
    Basically I wanted to know is after car is written of does a rep from insurance come out to meet insurer???

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

they will want to know how and why the accident occurred. is there someone else at fault that they can claim back from? is there anyone injured/hurt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hennessy.n.t.e

Hi, did u meet that assesor?? What did he asked? How did it go? I have the same situation right now, got a call from assessor, he wants to meet me at the place where about my car has been burnt down. It's just seemed lil bit strange for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

june92 wrote: »
    Hi we are in process of claiming for car write off. We handed in car keys,log book and estimate for contents,all along every person I spoke to said that's all we had to do and process is complete (engineer put down write off and we agreed value of car over phone)
    I get a call today from assessor to arrange meeting about where crash happened and the events that happened. Never heard of assessor calling to house for car insurance?
    What's the normal procedure now? I thought the claim was complete when I handed in log book and agreed value (because girl in claims said it was!)

The claim process sounds a bit messed up to be honest. What was the result of insurers MA report? I presume that you got an MA report yourself because you were unhappy with the report from the insurers MA. I know you said you submitted one but the handler isn't going to close the claim based on the MA report you submitted. Do you mean that the handler called you looking to review the incident, as opposed to an assessor? Also, did you not fill out a claim form at the start of the process, detailing the incident?

• Advertisement
Advertisement