Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine decanter on side

Options
  • 09-12-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a side lying wine decanter as a Christmas present and I can't find anything suitable within my price range. I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if anyone had a decanter on its side (something like this one http://www.amazon.com/Jane-Seymour-Collection-Hollywood-Decanter/dp/B000PSW5Y6 ) lying around that they wouldn't mind parting with for 20 euro? I know that is very stingy but it's the limit on our spending and if I can't get one for 20 or less I'll have to give up on the mission.

Thanks and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

.... I was wondering if anyone had a decanter on its side (something like this one .....
    I can't get one for 20 or less I'll have to give up on the mission.

That's a rather pointless decanter. You need one that has a wide bottom (shut up at the back!) and an open neck to allow the wine to breath. Plus the mock "cut glass" means you can't see if there's any sediment.

You need something this shape decanter.jpg

I can tell you they cost €29.99 (because I sell them). They're no cheaper in department/chain stores but nearly always 'designer' poor quality ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

Thanks for the reply! I am looking for one with a wide base but that image was the closest to what Im looking for I could find. Also not too pushed about the cut class, the most important thing is that it is lying on its side. Do you have anything like this? If you do, could you send me a photo? 'Preciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

... the most important thing is that it is lying on its side. Do you have anything like this?

Nope, just plain ol' standy uppy ones. I only do the one model.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jesica Fletcher

Thanks anyway Slaphead!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

Meadows and byrne have a decanter like the one you are looking for, I think it is €40 though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement