Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One less pound ... And I'm worried!

Options
  • 09-12-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Have been hearing that the slane pound are not being granted the licence by meath co. Council to operate the pound there and the contract is being given to dunboyne pound instead. While I'm not a fan of any pound in Ireland am worried about all the dogs that this could affect. Know all the pounds are so busy and full of dogs at the minute so if there is one less hos many healthy homeable dogs face being PTS due to lack of kennel space! I have emailed Meath co. Council to enquire about this if slane closes all the dogs that would have gone there will go to dunboyne and looking online it seems they have had high volumes of dogs through their pound as well as the high number going through the slane pound. This could lead to the PTS figures getting higher and reverting back to previous years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I think dunboyne are quite good, not completely sure but does A Dogs Life work from that pound? Either way it is going to lead to more dogs being pts. This country is a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I think dunboyne are quite good, not completely sure but does A Dogs Life work from that pound? Either way it is going to lead to more dogs being pts. This country is a complete joke.
    Yes, Dunboyne has a very low, if not one of the lowest PTS rates. A Dogs Life rescue,foster and rehome them and do amazing work. Try posting on their facebook wall and see if they have anymore information on this. They're already flat out, this sounds like a disaster if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Rescues already under severe pressure as things are can only imagine this will mean they will have less time to try and sort a place for the dogs and pups plus with the increased volume its shocking to think about wonder if we emailed would they keep slane open. Never thought I'd be concerned about a pound closing but in these times kennel space no matter how horrible means a bit more time for rescues to try and help as many as possible.

Advertisement