Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present for preggers wife!

Options
  • 09-12-2011 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭

My wife is pregnant with a little boy and is due at the end of March. To say she is all about the baby is an understatement :) if ever there was a woman ready to be a mum its her, she is just baby crazy!

She loves a hot soak in the bath to relax dso I've gotten her some bath bombs which I know she'll like but am kind of drawing a blank after that. Shes not into jewellery, the only jewellery she ever wears is her wedding and engagment rings, and a hair clip thingy.

So girls, any suggestions for a mum to be for Christmas?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

i'd suggest getting her warm and comfy pjs. if she's anything like me on my last and this pregnancy she'll be up 4 times a night to pee and with how cold it is at night these would be lovely. great to get into after a warm relaxing bath.

Also offer to massage her back when she needs it. My husband did this for me last time and it kept me standing after a long day.

It's lovely that you are being so thoughtful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

How about a voucher for a pregnancy massage, they can be really relaxing especially if she is still working outside the home, or help her sleep.

If you know what she likes in clothes, a nice maternity jumper or cardigan to see her through the last few months, or if she plans on breastfeeding, some breastfeeding tops- they can be expensive but I found them very worth it, especially for outside the home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Yes I definitely am thinking pamper. Maybe look into beauticians that deal with pregnant ladies and give her a voucher so she can get a half day of pampering. Or maybe a new camera and baby photo album ready for when baby comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anna , she is up around 4 times a night, makes her crazy because she used to tease me about getting up in the middle of the night to pee! :D

She has comfy PJ's already but I think a nice maternity cardigan or top would go down well, thanks :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

that sounds lovely and will be really handy if she's breastfeeding. Would she like some nice body lotions for after the bath?

• Advertisement
Advertisement