Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cybergun masada

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

It is the same as the A&K one.

Plenty of info and reviews if you just Google!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 227 ✭✭nailer 95

No it isn't. The a& k one had serious problems and cyber gun simply fixed them. The a&k was also illegal as it wasn't authorised by magpul to use the trades. Please do not post here if you do not know your facts thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

nailer 95 wrote: »
    No it isn't. The a& k one had serious problems and cyber gun simply fixed them. The a&k was also illegal as it wasn't authorised by magpul to use the trades. Please do not post here if you do not know your facts thank you.

Well if you know Cybergun fixed any problems it had then you don't need our help do you?:)

Now if you don't know who makes them, how do you know it isn't A&K?

There are 2 makers of the Masada, Magpul and A&K (originally unlicensed and then licensed).
    Cybergun don't make AEG's, they re-brand them.

Now if you bothered to do a quick Google search you would most probably find your answers!

A quote from Redwolf Airsoft (a respected retailer) "For the sake of long term maintenance and part compatibility, do please make note that this AEG is actually the A&K type (not the Magpul PTS)."
    Article here; http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Cybergun_Cybergun_Masada_by_Magpul_PTS_Black_Folding_Stock_Licensed.htm

Having owned both myself I can tell you it isn't made by Magpul.
    A re-branded A&K with an inflated price tag.

A forum conversation about it on Arnies; http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/195724-cybergun-masada-by-magpulpts/

Hope this info is off use to you.:):D:):D:):D:):D:):D

yea and as stated above cybergun took the a&k version and significantly improved it by adding in more high quality internals. looked at one review in particular by crazy nc man who said it was upgraded version of the a&k version and now a great primary.i have already read that thread on arnies airsoft which was posted just when the cybergun masada was added to the website. that basically
    means no one who posted on it got to see or use it first hand and it was basically just guesswork. so that means it wasn't just a re branded a&k version.
    please do not post here unless you have a valid and helpful statement.

i posted this here because i wanted to hear from people who have owned it for a long period of time.
    so dont try and act smart when you really aren't.

• Advertisement

Cyber gun may have made a few improvements to it, but it is still made by A&K. There are only two manufacturers of Masadas.
    Now you obviously new already that A&K made it as you acknowledged that Cybergun took one of theres and 'improved it'.
    There really is no need to be so aggressive in your replies when people are just giving you there own personal answers to your question.

As stated already I have owned both and much preferred the build quality of the Magpul version. I wasn't a fan of the A&K version externally and unfortunately the one I owned had a terribly faulty gearbox, but once replaced it performed perfectly. It worked equally well with the standard barrel set and the CQB one.

Now the newer version of the A&K one is now fully licensed by Magpul, so now Cybergun have rebranded them and sell them as there own. As they do with many other makes of AEG. But they do not make there own range of Aeg's.

yes i am aware of that. yes you are right there are only 2 brands that make it magpul and a&k but there are three versions. the a&k one which was illegal and had as you said a bad gearbox ext., the cybergun one which was made by a&k i know but cybergun made sure the bugs from the a&k version where resolved (refer to the video review i posted above) and then there is the magpul one which has great exterior build but isnt without its faults. (very little). to me the magpul one isnt worth the money and the a&k one is pure crap so the alternative is the cybergun re brand with has better internals than the a&k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

yes i am aware of that. yes you are right there are only 2 brands that make it magpul and a&k but there are three versions. the a&k one which was illegal and had as you said a bad gearbox ext., the cybergun one which was made by a&k i know but cybergun made sure the bugs from the a&k version where resolved (refer to the video review i posted above) and then there is the magpul one which has great exterior build but isnt without its faults. (very little). to me the magpul one isnt worth the money and the a&k one is pure crap so the alternative is the cybergun re brand with has better internals than the a&k.

If you know it has better internals then why are you asking if it's a good gun?

again i will say i am trying to find out from a person who has owned this particular gun if it is worth it. please do not post here unless who have anything valid to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

please do not post here unless who have anything valid to say.

Sorry you have been stopped by a mod check point. Please have your tax, insurance and mod licence to hand to tell people not to post here.

On a serious note are you a mod?
    Answer carefully! As I will only ask once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

from my experience cybergun re-brands are cosmetic, throw on some white trades and a new box and jack the price up by 30%

downside of the a&k is the unique parts and lack of any spares being available on the open market

i told him not to post on MY thread as he was doing nothing but trying to act smart. if staring at a computer screen all day in a darkened room telling people what they cant do and trying to act superior is being a mod then no i am not sorry :)

Puding wrote: »
    from my experience cybergun re-brands are cosmetic, throw on some white trades and a new box and jack the price up by 30%

downside of the a&k is the unique parts and lack of any spares being available on the open market

yea i get you. it seemed that way to me when i was looking at it but after watching a video review saying how the cybergun version was much better than the a&k one and seeing the accuracy test it changed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

i told him not to post on MY thread as he was doing nothing but trying to act smart. if staring at a computer screen all day in a darkened room telling people what they cant do and trying to act superior is being a mod then no i am not sorry :)

My room is very bright and colourful actually :D

Anyway once you post a topic it's here for general discussion and no one "own's it" If someone owned it, it would become a place where people can order others around on the topic or sway it one way.

On another note dont tell someone else not to post on a thread 2 reasons for this

1. It's rude and excludes people.

And 2. It Constitutes back seat modding here on boards.ie and you may be banned or infracted for it.

Therfor I have pulled you up on it by means of verbal warning as we dont like to ban or infract for minor things.

Have a nice evening now :)

Advertisement