Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing instrument bulbs on a Honda Pan European (1100cc)

Options
  • 08-12-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to replace the instrument bulbs on a Pan European 1100cc? My rev counter is nicely lit up however my speedo is in almost complete darkness.
    Been looking online on how to do this and even got my hands on a workshop manual and I am still none the wiser (maybe I'm just dumb :p ). The owner's manual does not seem to have it either.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Take the clocks off and on the rear they will have wires terminating in little rubber plugs.
    Pull these plugs out and replace the bulbs that are stuck in them with wedge bulbs these are bulbs that stick into the bulb holder with no metal screw or socket. They have two wires that wrap around the bottom as contacts.
    Replace clocks and enjoy the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Thanks very much. I will give it a go over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Some bikes have a bulb moulded into a round plastic holder that screws directly into the circuit board, my old '98 CBR600 had these. This kind of bulb can't be separated from the plastic holder. The only way to get replacements was from Honda and when I had them on order (they all started to blow at the same time, stands to reason I suppose) I had to move them around to make the best use of the ones still working - a blacked-out tacho and a speedo only lit up to 60mph, then one more blew and it was only lit up to 30mph... I ordered enough to replace the whole lot as it was only a matter of time before they all went, and taking all the cockpit plastics off was a right pain. Would be an ideal application for LEDs...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement