Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've turned into a miserable bastard.

Options
  • 08-12-2011 6:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Only a matter of time before someone compares me to Victor Meldrew.

Off the smokes over a week now and doing well. (Thank you Champix).

But I find I'm getting very annoyed by minor things.

I've even lashed out at a couple of people here on boards over silly things that would never have bothered me in the past. They deserved it though !
    I never suffered fools easily but now everyone seems to get on tits.

Is this normal and if so, how long does it last?
    Or am I just going to be a miserable git for the rest of my days? :mad:

Coz I ain't going back on the fags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ghjnr

Hi Lapin,

Know the feeling. I'm on day 10 of no cigs on champix at the moment. I'm no Victor Meldrew, I just have no mood - neither positive or negative! Just a bit numb! It's pretty normal by the looks of things... Although they do recommend monitoring your mood as one of the side effects.

Getting really tired from them too. Would sleep all day if I could! Looking forward to when they let me get a good nights sleep again.

Don't care though - I'm like you. Not going back on them even if I'm a very tired numb person for the rest of my days! Reading the massive champix thread gives me the impression that it's normal, it will wear off and we will succeed!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

I'm off them 6 days now and I can relate to both of you, I feel really empty and just generally down. I've barely left the house since I gave up and I'm eating everything in sight! I'm using the patches.

Anyway stay strong hopefully it will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Carrickgorman

Please be vigilant during this time, you have so much to gain. I am off them 18 months now and I clearly remember this 10 to 14 days. You are over the worst of it, but not seeing much gain for the struggle. This is when you can be weak and say just one.... Not even a puff!!!!!

Please please please stay strong, good luck

You are doing amazing, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ye getting annoyed is normal i was like the most angry man for 3 or 4 weeks then it calmed down... don't worry i found tropical fruit juice can help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ghjnr

Have discovered the fruit juice! Makes it all a little better! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Off them 15 months, have grumpy days, even days I scream and shout(hoping the judo will help with that).

Dont for one second think that if you go back to them you will be a happy go lucky scamp. It would have to be wacky tobacky to do that. Suck it up, course through the next week or so, and you will feel much better.

If you haven't done so already wash every piece of clothing in the house even stuff you havnt worn in ages. You will notice the fresh smelling clothes and it will be a boost to your confidence.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

10 days off them now, everything going well so far, not even thinking about smoking very much at all.

Delighted with myself :D

Advertisement