Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emails wont send

Options
  • 08-12-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey lads I've had this problem for a few weeks now but when ever I attempt to send an emai lit,well just wont send.

I click the button and literally nothing happens!Anyone know how to fix it or why its happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Have you tried using another browser to see if it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Could you provide us with any less information for troubleshooting purposes?

Did you try turning it on/off? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Mikel91 wrote: »
    Hey lads I've had this problem for a few weeks now but when ever I attempt to send an emai lit,well just wont send.

I click the button and literally nothing happens!Anyone know how to fix it or why its happening?
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    Have you tried using another browser to see if it works?

was happening to me too before and i opened it in a different browser and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I had this problem, but now I just use POP to forward the emails to Gmail so I don't have to bother with getting them from Hotmail. (It has to be POP and not just "Forwarding", or you'll not be able to reply to the original sender)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Not wanting to hijack your thread OP... BUT... my spell checker has vanished from my emails! Anyone any idea why or how to get it back?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

augusta24 wrote: »
    Not wanting to hijack your thread OP... BUT... my spell checker has vanished from my emails! Anyone any idea why or how to get it back?!

Are you using a different browser? spell checker is in the browser you use and not the email im pretty sure, is for my anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Chrome has always been sketchy for me with Outlook, not fully compatible or some shi'ite.

Firefox works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Chrome has always had known issues with outlook web, if you're using that definitely try Firefox, IE, Safari, or Opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Emails wont send for me when I'm using chrome so I use IE to send emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Emails wont send for me when I'm using chrome so I use IE to send emails.

That's odd, it works for me on Chrome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    That's odd, it works for me on Chrome!

Yeah, I know it's wierd, it works on my housemates laptop too, off my account. It's been like that for a good while too. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71888867

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I take it as the OP hasn't responded this issue probably resolved itself but just in case this happens to anyone else take the following troubleshooting steps.

Ok, well the fact that nothing happens when you try to press the button suggests it's a browser issue - but to be sure, does the message appear in your sent box?

If not, there's a problem with the button rather than the emails.

Is the issue reproducible in a different browser?

If not, it's a browser issue. Try clearing cache and cookies or, if needed, updating your browser.

Is the issue reproducible on a different computer?

If not, there's something up with your computer's compatibility/settings/etc and further troubleshooting will be needed on your computer.

If so, you'll need to get UL to contact Microsoft to resolve this issue. While you wait, as a work around you can forward messages to an alternative inbox and set up the studentmail address as a custom from/send as address.

Hope that's helpful. :pac:

Advertisement