Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTR – how to avoid straying into the “friend’s zone”

Options
  • 08-12-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So this is something I’ve encountered a fair amount of through reading other threads on here and also a few of my mates (30’s) who fear their own relationships have entered the “friends zone”, i.e. they get on reasonably well together as a couple, my mates would argue that love still exists in their relationships however the whole intimate aspect of the relationship seems to have withered. In some cases kids are involved so the role as a family man tends to outshine the other role as partner, significant other, lover etc.

My own circumstances are that I’ve separated from my missus in the last 12 months and am currently dating casually. I’m not sure straying into the “friend’s zone” territory was the primary downfall for my own marriage, we had other crap going on.
    However it would seem a significant number of relationships cannot avoid drifting into the “friends zone” state. I’m sure there are plenty of contributing factors, i.e. the daily grind intensifies when kids, mortgage, money worries appear.
    I’d like to think that a long lasting LTR awaits me so I’m keen to avoid this. So I’m keen to hear other views from people who have been in that position. Has it happened to you? How have you dealt with it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

This is an advice forum for specific issues posters are experiencing in their current relationship - a generalised discussion is better suited to the Gentleman's Club (if their charter allows)

All the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement