Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mint is Hiring!

Options
  • 08-12-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

The Central Bank of Ireland is seeking to recruit an Assistant Production Controller (APC) in the Mint, Currency Centre, Sandyford.

The APC will have responsibility for supervision of all operations involved in the production, authentication and destruction of Euro Coinage. They will provide assistance in the maintenance of the required standards in the Mint including areas such as the quality of production, security procedures in the area, efficiency of the operation, staff discipline and industrial relations, production planning, health and safety of staff, adherence to the required environmental standards, stock management, staff recruitment and the requisition and maintenance of production machinery.

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/en/star/goToJobDetails.do?id=2231

More evidence that the country is preparing for a move back to the punt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sala wrote: »

Bit of a leap from A to C there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Awh mint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

To be honest with ya...look where the euro sign is on a laptop. It always seemed a bit "temporary" to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The Central Bank of Ireland is seeking to recruit an Assistant Production Controller (APC) in the Mint, Currency Centre, Sandyford.

The APC will have responsibility for supervision of all operations involved in the production, authentication and destruction of Euro Coinage. They will provide assistance in the maintenance of the required standards in the Mint including areas such as the quality of production, security procedures in the area, efficiency of the operation, staff discipline and industrial relations, production planning, health and safety of staff, adherence to the required environmental standards, stock management, staff recruitment and the requisition and maintenance of production machinery.

If you get the job and are producing, authenticating and destroying Punts then wouldn't it be false advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Awh mint!

I'd have gone with 'bah humbug'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

chin_grin wrote: »

Maybe but it has gone from being a joke to being quite plausable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Sneak out a few bob here and there for a few years and you'd be minted.

I'll get my coat. You can keep the hat as compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

To be honest with ya...look where the euro sign is on a laptop. It always seemed a bit "temporary" to me.

What, where the dollar sign is? Oooooooooh! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

As the continued existance of the Euro is not in the hands of our country, then it is only prudent to be proactive in measures that may allow us as a nation to function to some degree in the financial world.

Then again it may just be natural attrition of a position that needs a person of equal or better qualifications to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I doubt it.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you'd be minted working there

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Skulldigger

Whatever happened to Murray Mints? Their popularity were eclipsed by Silver and Polo but Murray were always my favourite. Bring back Murray Mints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

*Mint pun*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I doubt it.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

They would hardly advertise that they are printing punts now would they

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wish I could coin a phrase as well as those above!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

I'd love to work somewhere that's got money to burn...

Seachmall, where's the cloakroom? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    *Mint punt*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Whatever happened to Murray Mints? Their popularity were eclipsed by Silver and Polo but Murray were always my favourite. Bring back Murray Mints.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

razorblunt wrote: »
    Wish I could coin a phrase as well as those above!

Your comment has been noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Because without this position the change back to the point would be impossibe...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Yes op. The country just needs one person to make an entire new currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

This conspiracy theory is as hollow as a Polo mint.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

It might be just a coincidence but what genius decided to advertise this on the eve of the "make it or break it" European leaders meeting on saving the euro. I doubt if the mint is that busy to necessitate someone to be hired within the week (closing date 16th Dec)

The media will jump all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

SeaFields wrote: »
    It might be just a coincidence but what genius decided to advertise this on the eve of the "make it or break it" European leaders meeting on saving the euro. I doubt if the mint is that busy to necessitate someone to be hired within the week (closing date 16th Dec)

The media will jump all over this.

Don't know about jumping all over it, but the satellite TV channel France 24 did mention in the news this morning that Ireland was making enquiries into the availability of printing presses. :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

mickdw wrote: »
    They would hardly advertise that they are printing punts now would they

They'd be even more unlikely to publish a false description of the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Some friends used to live in Sandyford, which they used to refer to as "The hole with the Mint." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Burger King are hiring

more evidence of an end to home cooking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Hope this sends everyone into a panic :D

If it's in any way a reality that we may have to print punts, then of course the mint are going to have to prepare for it. just because they are doesn't mean anything more than what we're being told on the news is going on. but sure panic away people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

How better off is the country if we go back to the punt. Well things become cheaper to buy etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

chin_grin wrote: »

From A to C....via P?

.....because the role is Assistant Production Controller....so A...P....C.....

*leaves*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement