Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2005 Touareg Parking Brake

Options
  • 08-12-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The parking brake handle on my 2005 Touareg broke off the other day. I found this discussion thread (http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/diy-parking-brake-handle-replacement-t1-t2-models-55899.html) on how to replace it which looks fairly simple but the part referenced is for LHD models and having rung around a good few places from motor factors to scrap yards I haven't had any success.

Before I'm forced to bend over and take one for VW can anyone here point me in the direction of a replacement handle either new or used??? I'm based in South Dublin BTW.

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

BenThere wrote: »
    Hi all,

The parking brake handle on my 2005 Touareg broke off the other day. I found this discussion thread (http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/diy-parking-brake-handle-replacement-t1-t2-models-55899.html) on how to replace it which looks fairly simple but the part referenced is for LHD models and having rung around a good few places from motor factors to scrap yards I haven't had any success.

Before I'm forced to bend over and take one for VW can anyone here point me in the direction of a replacement handle either new or used??? I'm based in South Dublin BTW.

Ben

If you cant get one from a scrappy, then you will probably have to get one from a dealer. Doubt if you could get that bit from a motor factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

We do a lot of work on high end German cars and have seen Afew of these handles brake it's not a Hugh job to fix and I think wen we get the part from vw it only costs us about 50e ( trade price) and about ten mins to fit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

swhyte027 wrote: »
    We do a lot of work on high end German cars and have seen Afew of these handles brake it's not a Hugh job to fix and I think wen we get the part from vw it only costs us about 50e ( trade price) and about ten mins to fit

Thanks. Sorted one through a mate for €15!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donnaw

BenThere, any chance your mate could source another one? Mine just snapped off yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Sorry Donnaw, the one he sourced me was the last one they had in stock. Any VW dealer should be able to provide one for you. Don't bother with paying them to fit it though. all you need is a pliers and 20 seconds of your time.

Ben

• Advertisement
Advertisement