Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degenerative Myelopathy

Options
  • 08-12-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any experience of this disorder?

The vet was unsure a couple of months ago if she had it however we are fairly certain now as it has affect her whole right hand side of her body. I know it can spread at different speed's etc and i'm praying to keep her till January till I have to make that god damn decision!!

Just wondering if anybody has any experience of it.

Also looking for some input on when the time comes to put her down. I had always swore if it came to it I would get it done at home as it would be somewhere she is in comfortable and loving surroundings. However I also have 2 young kids and given how upset they will get i'm wondering would it be more trauma for Lucy. Also trying to bury a dog lucy's size it probably not the most practical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

My Bruno went to sleep last December.I have 3 young children and it was a very hard time.I explained that he was very sick and in pain and that he wanted to go to doggie heaven where he would be better:)What else can ye say.They gave him lots of hugs and kisses and my neighbour took them into her house to watch a dvd.I held him in my arms as he went to sleep :(.I then went and brought them back in as they wanted to see him before we buried him:(.My husband and neighbour carried him out to his grave :(.It was the hardest thing Ive ever had to do but im glad he went at home in my arms.I wanted to have him cremated but my eldest daughter was very upset after someone told her that he would be set on fire and burnt :(.To be honest my kids dealt with it better than me.They still ask about him and get upset but not half as much as I still do.Youll know when its time.Bruno gave me a look as if to say he had enough:(.He was a 39kg boxer :) xxxxxxx

Advertisement