Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving skills-ideas please?

Options
  • 08-12-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi Guys,

I just had to do some aptitude tests for a temping agency and it was only half way through that I realised how rusty I am especially on MS Excel. :o

Could any of you recommend any free websites that I could maybe do tutorials or practice sessions to improve my computer skills particularly for MS Excel?

Also if any of you have any ideas of any other free upskilling activities I could undertake while I'm unemployed I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Have you done the ECDL? You could brush up on that again not only up skill on Excel but other Microsoft applications. Worth having on a CV!

To be honest OP, you be better of just buying or downloading the latest MS Excel software and exploring and learning it. Its the best way to learn.

If you are familiar with the older versions of Excel you should have no problem with the latest version. The one I use is from Microsoft Office 2007 I think there might be a newer version than that.

There are plenty of websites online you can use to help you brush up on using excel. The only difference with the newer version is the layout and use of icons rather than drop down menus and more features in the newer versions of excel.

Maybe pop onto the Microsoft Office website might give you a few pointers!

Depending what you want to use excel for if its more advance stuff, maybe do a course related to MS Excel or search online for tutorials on it.

Advertisement