Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grainne Seoige's modern life

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,781 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Interesting program, but my god I can't stand Grainne as a presenter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Don't think she's being as annoying as usual though... Phew- that scarification thing looks hairy! :eek: Yer ones hand was shaking like leaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,781 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've never even heard of scarification before, I'm so naive!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

twirlagig wrote: »
    Don't think she's being as annoying as usual though... Phew- that scarification thing looks hairy! :eek: Yer ones hand was shaking like leaf!

Yeah scarification is an old thing now been around years. Seeing that they're showing stuff like this on the show I might have a watch.

There's also acid-branding although I'd never get that myself. I may opt for scarification cos of my eczema. I've seen some awesome stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ah, feck, was just getting in to that :mad:
    next week about Irish dancing, will give that a skip :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

What was the name of the club/club night that Grainne was at with lady on the hooks. Could do with some of that scene in Cork. Fierce quiet at the mo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Apparently AWOL in Galway was on it, I live just across the road from there :D

Just got to see it now, yup Aine Wall was on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i was a bit 'oooowwwww' at the scarification and the hooks thingy. i have seen pics of scarification before and obvs it looks like it woulda been sore, but to see it being done!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

was a good watch :D

it was interesting seeing some of the scarification done too, but not something I'd be getting :p

Links234 wrote: »
    was a good watch :D

it was interesting seeing some of the scarification done too, but not something I'd be getting :p

no me neither. also won't be doing the suspension anytime soon. nor would i like to go and watch it again. i think i'd be cringing in pain for the person in the corner - kinda like grainne was when yer wan got her you know what pierced!

• Advertisement

suspensions don't particularly shock me, I've seen some in clubs in London. :o

Links234 wrote: »
    suspensions don't particularly shock me, I've seen some in clubs in London. :o

oh no it doesn't shock me, it just looks sore to me. like i'd be 'feeling' it the whole time kinda thing!

ah yes, there is that feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Fair play to the auld one who got her first tat at 70 yoa (?) & is now covered in them! That's one way of spending your pension money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Have to say it wasnt a bad show at all :eek:

I'm not the biggest fan of Grainne but I thought she came across well on the show and was very open to every one she interviewed.

Very play to the auld wan, thats feckin hardcore to start in your late 60's and have that amount of coverage.

Worth watching on the rte player if anyone didnt catch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Fair play to Grainne, I thought she went into it with a very 'each to their' own attitude. Actually wasn't a bad show, I had such a laugh at her reaction when she watched yer wan getting her hoo-ha pierced.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I had such a laugh at her reaction when she watched yer wan getting her hoo-ha pierced.
    She got her Al Pacino pierced???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Missed it but it's on rte player for anyone else who did. Link!

She got her Al Pacino pierced???

TWICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I8A4RE wrote: »
    What was the name of the club/club night that Grainne was at with lady on the hooks. Could do with some of that scene in Cork. Fierce quiet at the mo.

The club was The Vaults. It's beside Connolly Station in Dublin.
    That was a night organised by Sedition Industries.

http://www.seditionindustries.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

I watched this show for the first time last night - and really enjoyed it (didn't think I would)

I'm not Grainnes biggest fan but she seemed very open minded and genuine throughout the show.

I wasn't a fan of seeing the suspension part..they showed it briefly on the ad all week so I turned my head for most of that. When the girl was finished and being interviewed by Grainne she seemed very defensive/assumed she was being insulted.

Also the story of the woman getting her vag pierced started out that she was a bride to be and was surprising her future husband with it... Then afterwards it changed to her doing it for herself.

It was a decent show overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

dee. wrote: »
    I watched this show for the first time last night - and really enjoyed it (didn't think I would)

I'm not Grainnes biggest fan but she seemed very open minded and genuine throughout the show.

I wasn't a fan of seeing the suspension part..they showed it briefly on the ad all week so I turned my head for most of that. When the girl was finished and being interviewed by Grainne she seemed very defensive/assumed she was being insulted.

Also the story of the woman getting her vag pierced started out that she was a bride to be and was surprising her future husband with it... Then afterwards it changed to her doing it for herself.

It was a decent show overall though.

It didn't show the bride-to-be getting her vag pierced.
    It was a different woman that was filmed getting it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Am I the only one who wondered if the girl doing the suspension will be bitching about stretch marks in a year's time?:P
    Seriously though, I just don't get "performance art"...:confused:

At least it was amusing watching the presenter's face when the woman was getting the genital piercing, did leave me amused with the question of whether she was putting it on though, who knows what she gets up to in her own time afterall.;)

Have to respect the social worker for having the cop on to be a professional in the workplace as opposed to just threaten to make a complaint, it was good to have someone in the documentary to show that the choice to get piercings/tattoos doesn't mean that you feel the world should bend to your views and like it or lump it. Far too often these sorts of documentaries will just focus in on those who do things solely for the shock factor and so push a rather skewed perspective of the subject matter. Should certainly help foster even stronger mainstream acceptance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kirwan

does any1 know the song that was played in the club when the girl was being suspended by hooks, its the champions league song but i dunno the remix.... please help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

RTE keep on throwing out the same old Presenters and boring shows. I thought we seen the last of Grainne but alas she is all over RTE now...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Ha Paddy was on it, he did my septum piercing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Grainne is a total ride man ! Id love to :D

repeated now if anyone wants to catch it on rte 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah fcuk thats twice ive missed this sounds interesting :(.

• Advertisement

Ah fcuk thats twice ive missed this sounds interesting :(.

Up on the rte player any way heres the link

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=10037448

Advertisement