Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB variable rate mortgage holders - what rate are you on?

Options
  • 08-12-2011 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Are you a PTSB variable rate mortgage holder?
    If so what rate are you on (according to last letter)? There appears to be 3 rates.
    One is a SVR that older customers are on. This is the one they quote in the media constantly including today's Morning Ireland. This rate is 5.4%
    But there are two more that I think the majority of us are on
    <80% LTV ?
    >80% LTV. 6.15%
    My question to you is:
    • what rate are you on currently (according to most recent letter)
    • is it a investment property or home?
    • what year did you take out your mortgage?
    I’ll get ball rolling
    I am on 6.15% (>80% LTV variable rate) and am a first time buyer who bought in 2006. My most recent letter was in July and I am awaiting a letter confirming the rate cut announced on 03 Nov 11.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Ozziej wrote: »
    I am on 6.15% (>80% LTV variable rate) and am a first time buyer who bought in 2006. My most recent letter was in July and I am awaiting a letter confirming the rate cut announced on 03 Nov 11.

Your rate should actually be 0.5% lower given the last cut and today's cut.

My online banking is showing "Product Type:HOME LOAN - Variable Rate (LTV)". I bought in 2009.
    My online banking says the rate is currently 5.8% (It was 6.05% a few weeks ago), and I understand that will be falling to 5.55%. Which is still ridiculously high compared with what other banks offer.

PTSB are being extremely dishonest in their quotes to the media. They concentrate on their "standard variable rate" which they haven't offered for years. They say that most of their customers are on it and only have small balances remaining, and that during the boom most people took out trackers so the ridiculous increases don't affect them, and even when they hiked rates by 1% that their "average customer" will only see a rise of Eur15 per month.

Very dishonest altogether, and what's worse is that newspapers are reporting this spin. The reality is their LTV variable rate customers are paying almost double the rates of AIB and BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Your rate should actually be 0.5% lower given the last cut and today's cut.

My online banking is showing "Product Type:HOME LOAN - Variable Rate (LTV)". I bought in 2009.
    My online banking says the rate is currently 5.8% (It was 6.05% a few weeks ago), and I understand that will be falling to 5.55%. Which is still ridiculously high compared with what other banks offer.

PTSB are being extremely dishonest in their quotes to the media. They concentrate on their "standard variable rate" which they haven't offered for years. They say that most of their customers are on it and only have small balances remaining, and that during the boom most people took out trackers so the ridiculous increases don't affect them, and even when they hiked rates by 1% that their "average customer" will only see a rise of Eur15 per month.

Very dishonest altogether, and what's worse is that newspapers are reporting this spin. The reality is their LTV variable rate customers are paying almost double the rates of AIB and BOI.

Sums it up alright. Mine was taken out in 2006 and i'm currently on 6.05% which will be dropping to 5.8% and now 5.55% after todays drop. Over 4.5% above ECB rates!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

5.4% first time buyer, took out loan in 2001.

Did anybodys interest come down yet, they are now saying that they are lowering interest for the second time, mine has yet to be lowered the first time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I just want to bring your attention to this thread

It basically says that PTSB new rate for people on a variable rate should now be 5.19%

Hope this helps,Ill be on to them ASAP

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=163881

Advertisement