Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.gardensheds4less.ie

Options
  • 08-12-2011 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

I was in the market for a Garden Shed and I get a coupon booklet through the door

One of the coupons says the following

Gardensheds4less.ie

Save 10% off our premium garden sheds.
    We have a full range of premium sheds available.
    To avail of this offer, log on to www.gardensheds4less.ie
    or call 056 7702397

Terms and Conditions
    Gardensheds4less
    This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer online. Offer valid until June 2012.

So I call and place an order, explain to the guy that I have the voucher and follow up with an email to explain I want X Premium Shed which costs Y and expect to pay 10% less as I have the voucher. He says fine and I follow up with an email to the company outlining everything again incl full breakdown etc

Eventually he calls back to arrange install (9 days later) and says he can install it but that the voucher is only valid if you 'walk into their store in Kilkenny'. I was like ok well I am not going to Kilkenny and the voucher does not state that it is walk in but in fact says go to the website. "Ahh yes he explains but the prices in store are 10% higher than the website, when you go to the website you are getting the store prices less 10%" So essentially the voucher is useless. He then quickly tries to arrange the installation. I cancelled, amazing gombeen business approach, off to Kelly Barna now to order like I should have done in the first place.

www.gardensheds4less -> avoid!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

I too have had a bad experience with these guys. Do not waste your time/money go somewhere else. Put simply, I ordered the shed in early November, I was told it would be about 2 weeks, eventually I received the shed mid-December (approx 6 weeks later). In that time I phoned easily 10 times, none of which were returned, even though they said they would call me back (a guy called Eamon). Then to make matters worse, I was over charged. I've since been told that they've refunded me the overcharge, but here we are 8 weeks later and still no sign of the refund. They don't answer the phone now and they've never once returned any of my calls, it's always been me chasing them. **STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS**

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Buy a large heavy duty ABS plastic 8 x 6 shed for 400-450 euro instead.Twin doors,twin windows and large built in shelving unit.Heavy duty non slip floor too.

Goes together very easy and goes up in 20 minutes and lasts forever.

Can be dismantled and taken down in 20 minutes too.

Perfect fit on every part of the shed and completely waterproof/leak free.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paddy147 wrote: »
    Buy a large heavy duty ABS plastic 8 x 6 shed for 400-450 euro instead.Twin doors,twin windows and large built in shelving unit.Heavy duty non slip floor too.

Assuming they're pics of your garden Paddy:), can i ask where you picked up the railway sleepers? Don't like those "new" ones, much prefer the original used ones. Cheers

vicwatson wrote: »
    Assuming they're pics of your garden Paddy:), can i ask where you picked up the railway sleepers? Don't like those "new" ones, much prefer the original used ones. Cheers

My girlfriend is a fully qualified professional horticulturalist and garden designer,and we sourced 25 of those "reclaimed" sleepers for 22 euro (delievered to Dublin included ) last year,from a small wood mill/stockist in Wicklow,that recently went out of business.:(

Heres pics of another garden that she designed,built and planted,with new pressure treated sleepers that she installed and have been treated with a special black preservitive paint,thats water based and kind to plants and soil.:)

The new 8 feet long pressure treated sleepers can be got from a few builders providers for around 18 euro each.

My girlfriend is a fully qualified professional horticulturalist and garden designer,and we sourced 25 of those "reclaimed" sleepers for 22 euro (delievered to Dublin included ) last year,from a small wood mill/stockist in Wicklow,that recently went out of business.:(

Heres pics of another garden that she designed,built and planted,with new pressure treated sleepers that she installed and have been treated with a special black preservitive paint,thats water based and kind to plants and soil.:)

The new 8 feet long pressure treated sleepers can be got from a few builders providers for around 18 euro each.

Thought it was too good to be true ! They're gone outta business?, darn :)

Good job on the landscaping, looks real good.

I remember not too long ago the builders providers were charging over 30 euro per pressure treated sleeper. Mental. I much prefer the "reclaimed" ones.

• Advertisement

Thought it was too good to be true ! They're gone outta business?, darn :)

Good job on the landscaping, looks real good.

Not my work,she does it all and aint afraid of geting stuck using a large hilti/kango impact breaker or a whacker plate or turf cutter machine,as the pics show.

She doesnt take any crap from anyone (me included) and just gets stuck in and get the job done.

All credit to her.:)

Not my work,she does it all and aint afraid of geting stuck using a large hilti/kango impact breaker or a whacker plate or turf cutter machine,as the pics show.

She doesnt take any crap from anyone (me included) and just gets stuck in and get the job done.

All credit to her.:)

I was complimenting her not you ! :D:D

I was complimenting her not you ! :D:D

I know.:)

Sure I only make cups of tea and take the photos.

Its a tough life indeed.:D

Oh and Grange Builders Providers in Baldoyle,sell new 8 feet long pressure treated sleepers for 18 euro.

Last time I looked just after Christmass,they were 18 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

I remember not too long ago the builders providers were charging over 30 euro per pressure treated sleeper. Mental. I much prefer the "reclaimed" ones.

If you're using these anywhere you intend growing food crops or where children play, make sure you get ones where creosote wasn't used. Their use in such circumstances is prohibited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I know.:)

Sure I only make cups of tea and take the photos.

Its a tough life indeed.:D

Just as well photography is gone digital paddy, imagine the cost of all your pics:D

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Just as well photography is gone digital paddy, imagine the cost of all your pics:D

I know.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I know.:D

You should put them on a host site and embed them into posts. Bit more effort though.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    You should put them on a host site and embed them into posts. Bit more effort though.

Couldnt be arsed,too much "effort".:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Nice work paddy you have the OH well trained! when you put the sunk railway sleepers into the ground do you need to concrete under or just dig suitable hole and stick straight into the soil?

ronan45 wrote: »
    Nice work paddy you have the OH well trained! when you put the sunk railway sleepers into the ground do you need to concrete under or just dig suitable hole and stick straight into the soil?

I dont have the OH well trained,shes her own very confident woman/person and knows what she wants.:D

Regarding the sleepers and concrete???

No concrete ws used in either of those gardens.
    Its all secured together with large/hidden wooden stakes and approx a 2 inch inch layer of sharp sand leveled off to give a smooth and level base,to fit the 1st course of railway sleepers to sit on.Then some 75mm outdoor wood/decking screws are screwed through the stakes into the back of each railway sleeper.

Then they are tapped down and into the exact postion with a rubber mallet and then a spirit level is used to make sure they are level.The sleepers are also screwed together with 150mm outdoor timber/decking screws at various intervals.So its all nice and stable and secure.

The old reclaimed sleepers will never be dead/exactly level,as they are not perfectly straight or true.I suppose thats the beauty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Where did you buy the shed?, its exactly what I'm looking for.

Where did you buy the shed?, its exactly what I'm looking for.

Bought 3 years ago in BnQ,Airside Swords for 400 euro.Its 8 foor by 6 foot.

Haggled like fecking mad,with the store manager on the price,as the cardboard box/packagaing was transport damaged and was also wet from the rain.

My haggling paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Cheers, my old t+g wooden shed is about 26 yrs old and on its last legs. The plastic shed is ideal what I'm looking for....totally maintaince free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eamoathme

Hi there, Eamon here from www.gardensheds4less.ie on behalf of our company we do appolagise if there was a mistake in the print of the voucher which you received through the post. We were not aware of this until Janurary of this year and have rectified the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Where did you get this shed from Paddy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement