Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No scroll when pressing middle mouse button

Options
  • 08-12-2011 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm hopping someone can help me with this one because I can't figure it out!

My mouse (MX518) when pressing the middle mouse button (scroll wheels) does nothing. It did this under xp and also under win7 now.

I'm using recent logitech drivers for the mouse (and wave keyboard, setpoint 6.30.41, driver 5.30.67). Under the option/setting for changing middle mouse (button 3) is set as generic button, auto-scroll doesn't do anything, universal scroll works but it's rubbish. There's no pressing the middle button and scrolling up/down as I drag the mouse up/down. Middle button work when clicking on say a tab in firefox but thats about it.

Has anyone got any idea's?

Comments

Does it work in any application? Such as in a web page in Firefox or IE? If it does, then it's probably that non-native scrolling isn't supported by your version of the mouse software. I know that recent versions of MS IntelliPoint (6.0 upwards) have dropped this feature so Logitech might have done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Doesn't work anywhere at all :( Why would they drop this feature? It's apain in the finger to scroll through long threads especially if your just scrolling through to find something. There's scroll buttons but it's not the same :( Maybe I should go back to running xp with no drivers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

When did it stop working. I have the same mouse with windows 7 64bit and it works fine.

Stopped working quite awhile ago under xp, never worked in win 7. I'll pull the m510 from my brothers pc and see does it work. Nearly sure I tried my old mx510 and it was the same.

jozi wrote: »
    Doesn't work anywhere at all :( Why would they drop this feature? It's apain in the finger to scroll through long threads especially if your just scrolling through to find something. There's scroll buttons but it's not the same :( Maybe I should go back to running xp with no drivers :(

Hmm, well that wouldn't be what I was referring to. It should still work in some apps. Must be some sort of configuration issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Have you tried setting the mouse buttons to generic in logitech's mouse config app? Off the top of my head the mouse scroll button is button 3.
    I think I saw this problem before. The software was overriding Windows config and causing the problem.

Here's a screen grab of how I have it now
    mouse.jpg

Tried "Autoscroll" but it does nothing and universla scroll is muck :P

I did this from a fresh install with up to date drivers to, unless I go back and try older drivers?

---edit---

Just tried a MS mouse, scroll button is either broke or it wont work either.

Just solved this purely by fluke :eek:

I was looking through the settings in firefox for something when I noticed there was a check box for "use auto scrolling" under the advanced tab :D No more mouse wheel scrolling or dragging the slider :cool:

Advertisement