Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank been sending my credit card stuff to wrong address. have I any comeback on this?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

rang my bank to sort something out recently and they had my correct address with house number 93. then rang their 1890 number for credit card issues to ask where my replacement credit card was given that the original had expired months ago. This department had my address down as number 63.
    obviously the fault was theirs because they were using my correct address up to some point when I used to receive statements etc. They ensured me that no transactions had been made on it yet and that it would be no problem to send me out a new one.
    well and good maybe, but I'm not happy that through no fault of mine, they have been posting private statements on my old card as well as my actual replacement card and whatever other mail I might have got to someone else's house for the last 5 months.

so, question: firstly, would anyone else here care much? ...and if so, would you take them to task over it in any way?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Did you not notice that you hadn't received a CC statement in 5 months?

So what if someone else has got your post? You don't know them and they don't know you. The bank have fixed the problem and it hasn't cost you anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

cyber veg wrote: »
    rang my bank to sort something out recently and they had my correct address with house number 93. then rang their 1890 number for credit card issues to ask where my replacement credit card was given that the original had expired months ago. This department had my address down as number 63.
    obviously the fault was theirs because they were using my correct address up to some point when I used to receive statements etc. They ensured me that no transactions had been made on it yet and that it would be no problem to send me out a new one.
    well and good maybe, but I'm not happy that through no fault of mine, they have been posting private statements on my old card as well as my actual replacement card and whatever other mail I might have got to someone else's house for the last 5 months.

so, question: firstly, would anyone else here care much? ...and if so, would you take them to ask over it in any way?

Ask them to investigate how it happened but human error does happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cyber veg

Did you not notice that you hadn't received a CC statement in 5 months?

So what if someone else has got your post? You don't know them and they don't know you. The bank have fixed the problem and it hasn't cost you anything.

Nope. i was away.
    sure it should be fine, but I think most folk would prefer that their credit card gets posted to their own address than some stranger's. could be very tempting for someone to do some christmas shopping online with that card.

pretty sure I should be able to go away on holiday without worrying my bank will make up a new address for me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

cyber veg wrote: »
    Nope. i was away.
    sure it should be fine, but I think most folk would prefer that their credit card gets posted to their own address than some stranger's. could be very tempting for someone to do some christmas shopping online with that card.

pretty sure I should be able to go away on holiday without worrying my bank will make up a new address for me.

Might be some implications over data protection here. Giving away your details to a third party. Chat to some one in citizens advice. You are right to be concerned.

kadman

Advertisement