Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from a breeder - Things you should know

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hey I recently bought a beautiful Sibe Husky, but unfortunately for me I didn't have all the facts I needed about the breed, or know all the questions to ask, or all the questions I should be prepared for from the breeder.

So I thought about a comprehensive list of things to consider, know and be prepared for, so other people don't make the beginner mistakes, fortunately someone has already made a beginners guide. I'm sure other owners and breeders will want to add comments and facts.

Please note: This is not my own work, I am copy pasting from another page on the interwebs, but I thought it was relevant for people considering buying a pup or adopting they can see for themselves all the prep work that should be done, instead of rushing in to the first breeder you find and taking the most adorable one home.

Here is the Link - http://www.syntari.com/purchase.htm

As you can see the list of things to check, and the questions to ask yourself, the breeder, and questions the breeder should ask you.
    Just remember this is a guide and experiences will vary, but I wish I was more thorough when I bought mine.

That said, I love my bitch, and I was lucky enough to get a happy healthy pup, but I didn't know to ask about hip
    scores, or heritage or some other things that make the decision on which breeder to use, an obvious one.
    When thinking about buying a pup, make sure the one you get is the right one.

If someone else comes here looking for advice on buying a dog, direct them here, or to the link, so they have the knowledge they will need to make an informed decision.

Comments

Advertisement