Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant, when will i start to show?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and i'm 5'7 133lbs. I feel like my belly is getting big already but i wonder if its because i'm eating too much? I'm 18 and it is my first pregnancy!

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you are slim, then there is a good chance that you will show earlier as baby has nowhere to hide! but if you have really strong abs, you may not show for another while.

I am skinny and at 7 weeks my sister noticed a definate curve in by tum below the bellybutton. I was starting to look a bit waist-less about 15 weeks so told work. Just as well because the next week it was so obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

MadKat wrote: »
    I'm 10 weeks pregnant and i'm 5'7 133lbs. I feel like my belly is getting big already but i wonder if its because i'm eating too much? I'm 18 and it is my first pregnancy!

I was about your weight and am ur height at the start of my pregnancy! I was mostly bloated up until 16 weeks - then started to get a small tun but didn't really get proper bump until 6 months and now at 29&1/2 weeks it's just developing nicely!! It was all much later than I had thought it would have been!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MadKat

well i would be fairly slim just really don't want to start telling people yet.
    I feel my jeans and work trousers are starting to feel tight. I will be having my scan on the 3rd of Jan (fingers crossed) will they be able to tell the sex then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

I'm now 4.5 months and I'm still not showing! I'm getting impatient... i just look like I've put on a bit of weight! I think my abs are just hanging on to dear life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

I'm the same measurements, and I was in maternity clothes at 12 weeks with both of my pregs.

Everyone's different - some women have massive bumps & some don't get anything (to the point that they may not even realize they're preg).

At this point your body is starting to retain fluids, so you are plumping out a bit. Assuming you're eating healthily this body change is perfectly normal. The bump will come as it will.

As re the scan: depends on the hosp & technician as to whether you'll find out the sex. Some hospitals don't reveal it, some do. Also it's not guaranteed that they'll even be able to find out themselves - sometimes the babe's not in the right position, etc., so don't go getting your hopes all built up for this being the highlight of the scan. All you can do is ask when you go in & if they can tell you they will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MadKat

i had very bad nausea from 5 weeks to 8 weeks so i wasn't really eating and now that i am getting my appetite back i feel huge.
    I would love to find out but it is not a big thing as long as everything is ok that's all i care about. Just so excited about it all..Trying to keep it quite until after xmas. Congrats to all by the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I was about the same as yourself didn't start to show until 16 weeks and even then it was a tiny bump same again on the second was tiny the whole way through but had lovely 7lbs 5 oz babies so not to worry. everyone is different i'd say you'll be well able to keep it quite until after xmas

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I didn't start to get any sort of a belly til around 16 weeks.. to look at me in regular clothes I didn't look proper pregnant til about 19/20 weeks.. specially on your first baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I am 5 weeks with my 3rd child :) I am really bloated. I imagine I am showing already. I wonder are my dates mixed up. My last period was a week late. Should I book an early scan. I felt nauseous a few days after conception and went mad baking! Did this on my first 2 pregnancies. Maybe I am nine weeks and not 5!

Advertisement