Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROAD TAX

Options
  • 07-12-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Our tax has gone up in the budget.

Now 95 euro and 52 euro for vintage vehicles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

I can live with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

WildWater wrote: »
    I can live with that!

That's good to hear when you consider the alternatives:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It's the principle though isn't it ? I agree , it's still good value , but I always felt road tax should be abolished , or at the very least be a nominal fee of say , E50 , and an extra cent a litre on the fuel instead . That way no-one can really dodge it , even the guys with their chainsaws would be contributing!

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    It's the principle though isn't it ? I agree , it's still good value , but I always felt road tax should be abolished , or at the very least be a nominal fee of say , E50 , and an extra cent a litre on the fuel instead . That way no-one can really dodge it , even the guys with their chainsaws would be contributing!

I've always thought the same, the problem is that another, albeit small, percentage on to the figure the Government already take would make them look greedy. And we know they are not of course!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

7 taxed vehicles in my name and the camper is the lowest... damn when I think about it I'm paying 000's in road tax...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Macspower wrote: »
    7 taxed vehicles in my name and the camper is the lowest... damn when I think about it I'm paying 000's in road tax...

Really? How do you do it? I wish I could spend 0 on my road tax....... ;)

Really? How do you do it? I wish I could spend 0 on my road tax....... ;)

And with one for every day of the week, think of the saving on wear & tear!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

And with one for every day of the week, think of the saving on wear & tear!!:)
    Just remember to change the tyres regularly whether ur using the vehicles or not........they will still perish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Malta1 wrote: »
    Just remember to change the tyres regularly whether ur using the vehicles or not........they will still perish :D

very good point.... A friend of mine recently bought 4 second hand tyres that came off a camper van and he put them on his transit and they were like brand new... Got one blow out the first week and another is on the verge of it... side wall is badly perished and cracked...

they might have loads of thread but they are as dangerous as a bald tyre!

Advertisement