Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric toothbrush for someone with thin enamel?

Options
  • 07-12-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I suffer from thin enamel and I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best electric toothbrush for me to use to protect my enamel?

The really good ones seem to work at huge cyclical speeds and I can't help thinking that this would at least partially wear the enamel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

some of the oral b ones have 2 or 3 different speeds on them. a setting for sensitive teeth is probly wat your after,my oral b one has a sensitive setting and its about half the speed of the regular setting..

paid 60 euro for it in argos but im sure the cheaper models also have a sensitive setting

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

CyberJuice wrote: »
    some of the oral b ones have 2 or 3 different speeds on them. a setting for sensitive teeth is probly wat your after,my oral b one has a sensitive setting and its about half the speed of the regular setting..

paid 60 euro for it in argos but im sure the cheaper models also have a sensitive setting

Don't think so, I'm on my second basic Oral-B model and neither of them have had a sensitive setting, the only switch is on/off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

coylemj wrote: »
    Don't think so, I'm on my second basic Oral-B model and neither of them have had a sensitive setting, the only switch is on/off.

I have the oral B Pulsonic Slim toothbrush which has a sensitive setting and is half price at the moment I think.
    This is the English website but I saw them half price in my local chemist too.

http://www.boots.com/en/Oral-B-Braun-Pulsonic-Slim-Rechargeable-Electric-Toothbrush_1124252/

Advertisement