Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% word count limitation! help!

Options
  • 07-12-2011 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi there,
    Quick question...I'm doing an m.ed at TCD and they say in the handbook one can have a 10% word count variance...My essay was to be between 4k-5k, however I really could only come up with 3,838! Saying that, I feel my essay is pretty ok---clear line of development, well researched...

Will I be ok with this, or do you think they really intend the 10% to be for over the maximum limits? I really was afraid of my essay turning into waff, so I couldn't carry on. What do ye think??? It's my first essay of four, so I suppose I can truly redeem myself later.:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My interpretation would be that anywhere between 3,600 and 5,500 is acceptable. However the fact that there is essentially almost 2,000 words in the difference between lowest and highest might suggest they might be used to/expecting things at the higher end, but if you're confident that even at the lower end of things you've covered the topic as much as you need to then you're within the regs as you've stated them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

You're close enough to 4k, you should be fine.

Advertisement