Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport

Options
  • 07-12-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Picking up a friend on the 28th at the airport,anyone got advice on driving with the new set up at the Redcow.I have yet to use the new roads around Dublin.I have use of a sat nav.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭leakyboots

It's simple, motorway door to door. All you've to do is watch for signs.

Driving to Airport from Limerick: Keep in the left lane approaching the Red Cow (blue motorway signs with "Northbound"). Drive away until you come to Airport signs.

Driving from Airport to Limerick: Keep an eye out for signs for Limerick on m50 - there's about a 1.5km lane run-up so you can't miss it, just stay in the lane you're in and it'll bring you around to Limerick exit.

Don't forget to pay your m50 tolls on Eflow before 8pm the following day! Or set up a video account, cheaper and does it automatically for you on future journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Red Cow - After Newlands Cross stay in the left lane and ensure you stay in the "Northbound M50" lane. Only thing to worry about other than paying for the 2 Tolls to get there of course.

1 hr 45 minutes from Finnegans basically outside of rush hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Red Cow - After Newlands Cross stay in the left lane and ensure you stay in the "Northbound M50" lane. Only thing to worry about other than paying for the 2 Tolls to get there of course.

Yip pretty much this...

done it recently....

its how all long distance road travel should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭phog

Beer Baron wrote: »

When staying in the left lane just be careful that you dont get sucked into the lane for the LUAS turnoff.

It wont be an issue if you keep an eye on the overhead signs and follow M50 Northbound as mentioned above.

Once you get into the M50 lane it splits into a Northbound and Southbound lanes.

I didn't mention the Luas thing as I thought it added more confusion to things. I said it to my father one day and lo and behold he ended up in Luas P&R. :D

I'll admit the Gantry is a bit confusing as you think you need to keep left of the barrier and then it's too late. :(

One point to note about the section between Newlands Cross and the M50. People LOOOOOVVVVEEEE to switch lanes to get passed one or ten cars at this section to keeps your eyes peeled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And the Dubs hate that especially cars with muck savage (non D) reg plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Bad enough you coming up using our airport. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

peckerhead wrote: »

Not by choice buddy. ;)

peckerhead wrote: »
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Not by choice buddy. ;)

It is by the power of the hand of DAA whom operate Shannon. Bleed it dry and put all the flights through Dublin meaning everybody must go to Dublin. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

If it wasn't for the croud from the counthry, ye jacks would be completely fcuked ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement