Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post query

Options
  • 07-12-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Sent a small letter to scotland today with too 55cent stamps on it nothing else. Should it get there ok or should i have put the airmail sticker on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 myles10

put the address on it also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It'll get there. No airmail needed.

thanks for the fast reply biko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

it will get there on 1st of january for sure!

doubt it will be that late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

How has it taken you 18 months to post anything?

Are you a bit shy? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

it will be there in 3 to 5 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Should have used 82c. stamp I think.

How has it taken you 18 months to post anything?

Are you a bit shy? :(

Dont really get what you mean by that.it was just an important letter and was a bit worried after i sent it coz i thought woops i should have put an english stamp or airmail sticker,but looks like im ok from my replies.

aujopimur wrote: »
    Should have used 82c. stamp I think.

Used to 55 cent stamps so they got a tip :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

E-mail ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

myles10 wrote: »
    Dont really get what you mean by that.it was just an important letter and was a bit worried after i sent it coz i thought woops i should have put an english stamp or airmail sticker,but looks like im ok from my replies.

You joined boards in February 2010 and your first post is in December 2011. That's why I'm asking...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭RichT

You joined boards in February 2010 and your first post is in December 2011. That's why I'm asking...

Your first post and your first stalker. What a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

55 cent is the postage cost within Ireland. 82 cent ( I think) is the cost of posting to the UK. Occasionally An Post will send the letter back to you marked "insufficient postage" and the 55 cent you spent on the original stamp will be cancelled. This time of year it may go under the radar and be delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Used to 55 cent stamps so they got a tip :)

I sell stamps. You needed an 82c stamp. Also your math needs help.

Sorry I re-read your post! You used two 55c stamps. Your letter is fine, but your English needs help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

An English stamp? Where would you get an English stamp over here?

It will be fine OP, An Post probably won't bother chasing you up if you don't have enough postage on it at this time of the year. They have better things to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

He used two (2) 55c stamps instead of an 82c. It will be fine op.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

But the Royal Mail take a very dim view of underpaid mail whether originating in UK or coming in from a broad. It's to do with international agreements between postal administrations on how they pay each other. So if it is not delayed here it probably will be over there.

BTW there is a feature on That's Britain 7.30pm BBC1 today (7th) following a letter through the system in the UK.

Just realised he paid €1.10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

So what's the point of airmail stickers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Daemos wrote: »
    So what's the point of airmail stickers?

Easier to recognise on envelopes going through the system and indicates they should be treated as priority by subsequent mail carrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There was another thread about delayed post from Britain. If you get Christmas cards from there in the New Year have a look at the stamp. If it is any less than 68p it is underpaid and subject to delay. And if it has no Air Mail sticker it could be delayed for that reason also.

Advertisement