Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping pets warm this winter

Options
  • 07-12-2011 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

I dont have a dog, but found something GREAT for my cats - they come and go as they please, and yes, I know they have FUR, but I am still the eejit standing at the back door pleading with them to come in at 12 o clock at night when its minus brass monkeys outside!
    They have access to a shed, so I bought a lagging jacket in Homebase for 7 euros, double wrapped it with a sheet and put it in a large cardboard box with some newspapers underneath..They LOVE the heat that they get from this, so now my mind is at rest to know that if they stop out at night, they will be warm!
    Remember tho, lagging jackets have fibreglass inside, so make sure that they are well protected as you dont want that to get out as it will irritate them.
    Thought this would be ideal for a dog kennel too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

That is a great idea my 2 are the same and I am the same worrying about them. So you just put it in a box or kind of over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

In the bottom of a good strong box or kennel or crate. Unfortunately mine have piled into the one i made in favor of the end of my bed,,:mad: Now IM cold..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Nice landlord/farmer gave us hay... Indoors they are. Collie still prefers the bare floor but has adopted a large old coffee table. She has such a thick coat. Wee dog loves a baby bath full of hay and blankets. Burrows she does. Would not allow them to be outside in bad weather.

Oh the cats? In my bed of course; where else! They make great extra hwbs

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Or if you have a kennel for them -tesco do yoga mats and they are great if they are cut to fit the side panels of the kennel and rough - keeps drafts out and asks as insulation

Advertisement