Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressie for the wife!!

Options
  • 07-12-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hoping someone here can help me. Every year at christmas I always try to get my wife some small presents and one main present. This year I was thinking of getting her the ipad 2. I am not at all tech savvy so is this a good gift? She does not own an iphone so is this going to be a factor? She has a htc desire s running android market but tbh she loves the phone just for the facebook access alone. We currently share a dell laptop which is mainly hers....again she loves facebook. Will she like the ipad? Should I stick with that or go for an android based tablet? Please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Hi all. Hoping someone here can help me. Every year at christmas I always try to get my wife some small presents and one main present. This year I was thinking of getting her the ipad 2. I am not at all tech savvy so is this a good gift? She does not own an iphone so is this going to be a factor? She has a htc desire s running android market but tbh she loves the phone just for the facebook access alone. We currently share a dell laptop which is mainly hers....again she loves facebook. Will she like the ipad? Should I stick with that or go for an android based tablet? Please help!!

I'd be delighted with an ipad 2 :D. No real help here, but if you have a twin send him my way! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Definitely the iPad 2. I use one and think she'd be mad not to be delighted with it. Only thing is it will make her want to change her phone to an iPhone - maybe that could be her birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Definitely the iPad 2. I use one and think she'd be mad not to be delighted with it. Only thing is it will make her want to change her phone to an iPhone - maybe that could be her birthday present.
    Thanks cork lass.....that is my problem though, I have only just bought her a new smartphone for her birthday back in october....are the ipad and iphone really that much interlinked or can she have just as much fun with the ipad on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

The iPad is great on its own but with iCloud you can link everything. If I take a photo on my phone it automatically appears on my iPad and vice versa. Same goes for music and other stuff. It's really cool. I'd still go for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Cork Lass wrote: »
    The iPad is great on its own but with iCloud you can link everything. If I take a photo on my phone it automatically appears on my iPad and vice versa. Same goes for music and other stuff. It's really cool. I'd still go for it. :)
    Well I went and took the plunge yesterday.....ipad purchased....thanks for the advice corklass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement