Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Tattoo, Portlaoise.

Options
  • 06-12-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anybody have any experience with this shop? Looking to get a tattoo soon enough. I want something similar to the attachments but with the colours a lot brighter hopefully.

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I can only assume there the same people who own celtic tattoos in carlow and enniscorthy, if thats the case avoid like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does anyone have any suggestions of a place where I could get this done? Somewhere with a good reputation but kinda close. Could travel to Carlow/Athlone, maybe some area of Dublin that's relatively easy to get to. I know it's ideal to be limited but that's the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions of a place where I could get this done? Somewhere with a good reputation but kinda close. Could travel to Carlow/Athlone, maybe some area of Dublin that's relatively easy to get to. I know it's ideal to be limited but that's the situation.

Its a tattoo that will be on for life. Go to the best you can. Dublin is only up the road from Laois and has some great studios.

Thanks for your reply Dancor. Will definitely keep that in mind, I was thinking about that myself tbh. Another Boardsie recommended Rob Hicks in Vegas/V2 in Tullamore/Portlaoise. I'm going to look on Facebook later to see some of his work. Anybody else have experience with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Thanks for your reply Dancor. Will definitely keep that in mind, I was thinking about that myself tbh. Another Boardsie recommended Rob Hicks in Vegas/V2 in Tullamore/Portlaoise. I'm going to look on Facebook later to see some of his work. Anybody else have experience with him?

Rob or Bobi in Portlaoise. Both are really good. Rob spends most his time in Tullamore now tho.

• Advertisement

I could travel to Tullamore, it's only about 25 minutes away. Could go by bus or train. I have a fair idea where the studio is. Portlaoise would be very handy if he was there. I might call in tomorrow and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Rob done a mates backpiece, no problem from his work that I've seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I could travel to Tullamore, it's only about 25 minutes away. Could go by bus or train. I have a fair idea where the studio is. Portlaoise would be very handy if he was there. I might call in tomorrow and see.

Rob tends to be booked out for a few weeks in advance so be prepared for a small wait. And they may ask you for a deposit.

He done 3 of mine, all of which I'm really happy with. Tho Bobi done a quite a big one on my side which turned out even better than I could have hoped. If ur in Vegas tomorrow go up and chat with her and see what you think.

Rob tends to be booked out for a few weeks in advance so be prepared for a small wait. And they may ask you for a deposit.

He done 3 of mine, all of which I'm really happy with. Tho Bobi done a quite a big one on my side which turned out even better than I could have hoped. If ur in Vegas tomorrow go up and chat with her and see what you think.

Was in there today and she's in Australia at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

I got a tattoo by Tini in Carlow and am very pleased with it. As for go to Dublin as there are better studios there. Thats a loaded statement as they are only as good as the artists in them and Dublin is not the exclusive home of good art. I say this and i am from Dublin and have been tattoed there also.

Do some research into an artists portfolio and if possible talk to people who are happy/unhappy with particular artists work.

I have no experience of the studio in Portlaoise but i will say dont avoid a place because its not in Dublin.

Neither of the designs shown appear too difficult and should be no problem for any competent artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bob goes to hol

Tayfun in Celtic Tattoo Portlaoise is a great artist and a gent, well recommended, check out the website very similar work to what you have posted!

Advertisement