Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Should I do?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’ve never been very good when it comes to woman because of confidence to name just one issue and have never been in a real relationship. I never seem to be able to meet woman who are interested in me that way. A few months ago I met a woman online. We were chatting about a week with only one or two emails exchanged when I met another woman in real life who was working temporarily in Dublin. We seemed to have a real connection very fast and to be honest after only a few days I began to think I had some feelings for her. However I did not know if she had any interest in me and I knew she would be returning home in a few weeks. Myself and the woman on the internet seemed to have been getting on quite well so I returned her latest email as if nothing had happened. When myself and the second woman kissed and she admitted that she felt very strongly for me I thought that all my dreams had come true. Until I discovered that she was married. I know I should have called it off then but I just couldn’t. I have waited so long to met a woman as beautiful as her to be interested in me. I did however continue to email the first woman as it was becoming increasingly clear that myself and the second woman were not going to work out. This became especially clear when she admitted she had fallen in love with me but could not leave her husband. I was fairly heart broken to be honest as I was falling for her too. She has since returned to her own country and while she is eager for me to visit her I just don’t think it’s right and have broken up with her. I have since begun to chat with the first woman more and we have exchanged phone numbers, photos etc and we are planning to meet for the first time. We have loads in common and seem to have a similar sense of humour and interests. However my question is should I tell her about my now ex? I want to be completely open and honest with her and start off on the right foot. Is this something that I should tell her about? This was the only real relationship I've had even if it only lasted a short while and surely previous relationships will come up some time. I really don't want to mess things up with her. I could really do with some advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

No don't tell her - it would really put me off someone if I found out he had been seeing a married woman. What were you thinking?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jimmy101

I'm not proud of seeing a married woman, but I suppose I had fallen for her before I knew and used that as an excuse. Thanks for yer advise. I appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

No No No and defintely NO !!!

If the subject of past relationships comes up, (and it usually does) the less said the better. It will do neither of you any good to tell her this. Just say you were seeing someone a while ago, but she went back to her country, and you then broke it off. THE END.

It's all true, it's better than lying and saying you haven't had any past relationship, it doesen't upset her, and it will actually look better to say you have had one previous relationship than having had none.

If your intentions are good and honest, as you say they are, and IF ye hit it off when ye meet (remember that may not happen, no matter how well ye got on online) then you'll both be ok.

Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

If you want to tell her tell her. If she likes you it wont matter. It's not that big a deal ffs, sh*t happens in people's lives, if she held that against you she's a muppet. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Pebbles68

You have no reason to tell her. You have only chatted online. You still haven't even met her yet and you don't know how you will get on in person. It's not like you were actually in a committed relationship and cheated on her. Relax and stop beating yourself up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement