Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plexiglass + cutting

• 06-12-2011 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Need to get a sheet of plexiglass around Dublin, an A3 sheet should do.
    But need a place to cut it too since I need a round hole for a fan on it and do not have the tools myself.
    Anyone who won't rip you off?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 acrylicgift

Usually when you buy one piece of acrylic sheet,its size is 1.22x2.44m, no A3 acrylic sheet,from the material fctory. Unless you get one such sheet from one acrylic manufacture.
    But since you want to drill one hole into the acrlyic sheet,you need one drilling machiery,which you also should find one acrylic manufacture to do that for you.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

woodies has sheets of perspex. dono where you can get it cut tho, maybe they will do it inside?? if you have a template made out?? I cut out my own and is not that hard to do, just smoothed out the edges, one little tip is to use a lighter to take the sharp edges off and cleans up the look of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 acrylicgift

Yes,to cut the acrylic sheet is very simple ,ordinary cutting machiney can do that well .
    As to the shape edge that you cut, you can firstly shave it ,and then polish it with flame ,i think by this mean ,the edge would look very polished and smooth.
    Good luck.

Advertisement