Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phlebotomist course

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

If you access the course catalogue at page 11 here it says the cost for tuition is $599 and then the practical work experience bit costs $399. However if you aren't an American citizen a visa would be a problem as this course would not qualify for the issue of a student visa and the 90 day visa waiver programme prohibits study.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

pow wow wrote: »
    If you access the course catalogue at page 11 here it says the cost for tuition is $599 and then the practical work experience bit costs $399. However if you aren't an American citizen a visa would be a problem as this course would not qualify for the issue of a student visa and the 90 day visa waiver programme prohibits study.

How is it that cheap. I would of thought it would of been a few thousand. Is there no visa so You can get for studying on this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's cheap because it's an adult education/further education course as opposed to a diploma or anything like that. It's a short-term basic training course. In terms of the visa it's not the subject that's the problem, it's the course - the fact it's a short-term adult ed course means it's ineligible under the F visas and the visa waiver programme doesn't permit study at all. Is there no similar course in Ireland you could do? Also would certification in America transfer to over here or are you planning to stay over once you've completed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

pow wow wrote: »
    It's cheap because it's an adult education/further education course as opposed to a diploma or anything like that. It's a short-term basic training course. In terms of the visa it's not the subject that's the problem, it's the course - the fact it's a short-term adult ed course means it's ineligible under the F visas and the visa waiver programme doesn't permit study at all. Is there no similar course in Ireland you could do? Also would certification in America transfer to over here or are you planning to stay over once you've completed it?

I see. I thought it is a short course. I'm not a nurse so i'm not sure if I can even do it. There is a crowd in ireland that was doing the course but they have stopped it for the time being.

I was hoping after I had done the course it would in the states. I just want to further on my education.After doing the l.c and L.c.a thats were the education stopped as I got a job after school. I did apply for school but never got the course and I just keep putting it off

Advertisement