Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Cost per acre

Options
  • 06-12-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Quick question and hoping for some guidance: I have land I was hoping to rent out next year and was hoping to get an idea of what I should be expecting / looking for per acre for a year. The land is good acricultural ground in one 20acre field, it has three seperate access points and is located 20miles south of cork city (maps would be supplied). Feedback would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

is there grass in it know or would it need to be reseeded? I would say between €160-180 per acre?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

or 120 - 130 per/acre for grazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

150 euro per acre is around the average and it sounds like its in a decent location

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

makin 200 here in dungaravan 7 years

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

maycor wrote: »
    Quick question and hoping for some guidance: I have land I was hoping to rent out next year and was hoping to get an idea of what I should be expecting / looking for per acre for a year. The land is good acricultural ground in one 20acre field, it has three seperate access points and is located 20miles south of cork city (maps would be supplied). Feedback would be much appreciated.

If you lease it for 5 years you get the rent tax free, thats if your over 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

It, all depends, is it tillage quality land.? Has there been tillage on it the last few years.?

FOr tillage, it could make up to 200 /acre for good land.

If its in grass or its suitable for grazing, your talking a max of 150/acre.
    Now if someone has to reseed it the first years rent will be less as the cost of reseeding is high. Next question is it it fenced for grazing, cattle sheep..?

If it is you can charge that bit extra.

I'm looking for a place around that area, but all depends where you are.
    I wont be taking land til March. PM if your interested

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

HillFarmer wrote: »
    It, all depends, is it tillage quality land.? Has there been tillage on it the last few years.?

FOr tillage, it could make up to 200 /acre for good land.

If its in grass or its suitable for grazing, your talking a max of 150/acre.
    Now if someone has to reseed it the first years rent will be less as the cost of reseeding is high. Next question is it it fenced for grazing, cattle sheep..?

If it is you can charge that bit extra.

I'm looking for a place around that area, but all depends where you are.
    I wont be taking land til March. PM if your interested

Hello, I am not a farmer, just a pony owner, and I am buying an old farmhouse with 5 acres of real good pasture, (area is called the Golden Vale) used until now for silage. My project is to rent out most of it for around 3 month for silage. Does this sound a good way to break even as I will have to buy hay?
    Sorry if the question sounds a bit silly, I love the smell of this land and the touch of it but don't know much about anything else..

Advertisement