Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different speedtest results

Options
  • 06-12-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere, but I'm getting different speed results on different speedtests.

I'm with UPC and notice my downloads are getting slower. Running Speedtest and UPC Speedtest bring massively different results.

Speedtest: 7.55 - 8.69 over a week
    UPC Speedtest: 13.75 - 35.00 over a week.

I'm paying for 25MB.

:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It depends on the location of the Server the speed test is on. If the UPC server running the test is on the same network as you are then you will get much higher results than one on the internet.

Also any speed test only runs for a short time so you need to run several over a short time period on a regular basis to get any sort representative sample. e.g running six successive tests three times a day for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Cheers FSL :) I thought something similiar myself, but just wanted to make sure. :)

Advertisement