Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nature and Art

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Bought this on eBay last year for £10.98 incl.p+p. Where would you get value like that?

b7kv6vgmkkgrhqmokieeyvl.jpg

12" x 8" watercolour by Scottish based artist Pauline James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I really love what this artist, Eileen Postlethwaite, does. I love the little stories behind her walks and sketches, simple though they are I think that's where the beauty lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Just spotted Irish Bird Art on facebook. Really fantastic sketches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I hadn't noticed this thread :o

Not local, but many years ago, I came across Bev Doolittle when I was in Canada. Timeless appeal for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

littlebug wrote: »
    Just spotted Irish Bird Art on facebook. Really fantastic sketches.
    Some of those sketches were done at the weekend I'd say. The Long-billed dowitcher from Wexford Wildfowl reserve and the snow buntings in greystones. A real talent, the sketches are so alive:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

What about Andrew Ellis? A lot are Falconry related but still fantastic!
    http://andrewellispaintings.com/buy-prints.php Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

I have a small collection of paintings . 2 pics to hand

The first is a watercolour :
    6676130615_6894f394df_b.jpg

The second is an oil :

6676130783_8a3c083053_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Bought this last night from the same artist as the Herons - £11.50 including p+p - another super bargain!

Barnacle%2BGeese.JPG

Barnacle Geese - watercolour, 11 inches x 7 inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd almost forgotten about this thread ... anyway, as a kid growing up in England in the 70's, I remember Peter Scott, who along with David Attenborough, were pioneers in the art of television nature documentaries. Peter Scott was also an accomplished artist, and painted some truly beautiful wildlife pictures but his hallmark as it were, was pictures of flocks of wildfowl that still transport me back to my childhood whenever I see one of them.

There are some great examples here ...

http://www.street-gallery.co.uk/artist_gallery.php?artist=SCO&cat=ASP

Advertisement