Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberal Hollywood unleashes muppets movie to brainwash America's children

Options
  • 06-12-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

You have to hand it to Faux News. Just when you think you've seen it all, they go and raise the bar

Video here
    http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201112020036?frontpage

An overview:
    If you haven't heard the story yet let me take you – with a heavy heart – back to Friday, when Fox Business Network anchor Eric Bolling announced that the new Muppet movie featured a character named Tex Richman, a greedy oil executive who wants to drill under the Muppets' theatre. The discussion that followed didn't just typify the Fox News mission to recast the outside world as leftwing propaganda; it threatened to usher in a whole new paradigm of stupid.

"Liberal Hollywood depicting a successful businessman as evil – that's not new," said Bolling. He asked his guest, media-bias alarmist Dan Gainor, if Hollywood was deliberately trying to brainwash kids.

"Absolutely," said Gainor. "And they've been doing it for decades." He pointed out that oil could be used to "light a hospital" or "fuel an ambulance". "They don't want to tell that story," he said.

Bolling's Fox News colleague Andrea Tantaros chimed in, saying: "I just wish liberals could leave little kids alone." Bolling wondered aloud why the Muppets couldn't, for once, "have the evil person be the Obama administration". It only remained for him to throw up his hands and cry: "Where are we? Communist China?"

Are the American public really, really not at a point, where this is not only ridiculed, but faux news completely discredited? How far can they go on 'reporting news' that is so completely partisan its laughable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Mccarthyism is back in a big way in that country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so if the new muppets movie had an evil climate scientist trying to brainwash the muppets into believing in global warming you'd have been a-ok with that?

so if the new muppets movie had an evil climate scientist trying to brainwash the muppets into believing in global warming you'd have been a-ok with that?

Teaching kids conspiracy theory's... don't think there's many in the world that would agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

RichieC wrote: »
    Mccarthyism is back in a big way in that country.

never really left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

RichieC wrote: »
    Teaching kids conspiracy theory's... don't think there's many in the world that would agree with that.

"Tex Richman, a greedy oil executive who wants to drill under the Muppets' theatre"

Tex... really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I dont think that if people are given an inch, they should be taking a mile.

The conclusions that that 'news' network are drawing are ridiculous

"Tex Richman, a greedy oil executive who wants to drill under the Muppets' theatre"

Tex... really

Standard trope character imo... if you don't like it don't go and see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Happy feet I got those happy feet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The best quote has to be "I just wish Liberals could leave little kids alone".

It's almost as if Fox news are trolling:D They're playing up it their image.
    They may have a point though, I don't know.

It's funny, these people just wanting hollywood to leave kids alone are the same people fighting tooth and nail to have evolution thrown out of the biology classroom or in other cases demanding that "creation science" be given equal time in the science class.

It's clear to me who's out to do the worst damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Why would rich, succesful Hollywood businessmen be trying to depict rich succesful businessmen as evil? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Happy feet I got those happy feet!!!
    There's a second one now too ya know?

Crucifix wrote: »
    never really left

True, but even the scumbag McCarty himself is having a little revival in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yeah, Disney are just soooo anti-corporation it makes me sick.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Fox News.

My favourite comedy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Aurum

I saw the video a few days ago. Do Fox have some massive end of year bonus for the anchor who says the phrase "class warfare" the most often?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

'"Liberal Hollywood depicting a successful businessman as evil – that's not new," said Bolling.'

Why is it news then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Johro wrote: »
    '"Liberal Hollywood depicting a successful businessman as evil – that's not new," said Bolling.'

Why is it news then?

You can't explain that!

Advertisement