Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students from Carlow IFE in the library

Options
  • 06-12-2011 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've noticed a number of students from Carlow IFE use the college facilities, and of considerable concern is their use of the computing facilities in the library, using the public access ID or the number and password of students they know.

The computing facilities are already under extremely high demand so I think it's wrong that those who are not registered and fee paying students of the college can so easily gain access to the computing facilities in the college when not on a recognised course. As bad and all as some of the courses are in terms of content, at least there's no hairdressing or beautician courses in the college.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

and what do you think posting here is going to achieve?

Maybe you should bring it to the attention of the library staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

ShayK1 wrote: »
    and what do you think posting here is going to achieve?

Why bother posting at all if the mods shoot down every valid topic. Let the man speak its a forum about the college. But OP, Shay's other point is valid if you want to instigate change you will have to contact someone in college. Don't bother with the S.U, unless its about cuts to free money or partying they're no good. There is a library supervisor on the 1st floor so bring it to his attention the next time you see it happening. Even the security would have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Why bother posting at all if the mods shoot down every valid topic. Let the man speak its a forum about the college.

I'm not shooting down anything, I'm just making a point (as a poster not a Moderator).
    Perhaps, some might say I made my point badly but I'm standing by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

No matter what time of day I go into the Library, it's busy, but never too the point of not finding a free computer. But, as said, if it's bothering you that much, talk to someone about it. Personally, i've never seen it to be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Out of interest, have you been unable to find a free machine because of this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement