Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re: Annual Leave & Company/Service Days

Options
  • 06-12-2011 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm not necessarily looking for an answer here if it goes against the charter, but even if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Essentially, I'd like to know what happens if accrued annual leave days and service days etc are unused before the end of the year due to illness of the employee. That is, someone hasn't been able to use all their holiday entitlements because they've been out on sick leave... what are the employer's options in this case in terms of carrying days over/payment etc?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

You can carry them forward.

Also, if sick leave is unpaid you can possibly take them out of your annual leave entitlement instead if your employer is okay with that.

Not what you asked, but annual leave does not accrue during periods of sick leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    You can carry them forward.

Also, if sick leave is unpaid you can possibly take them out of your annual leave entitlement instead if your employer is okay with that.

Not what you asked, but annual leave does not accrue during periods of sick leave.
    Yeah, I'm talking about annual leave accrued whilst still working.

Thanks for the answer :)

Advertisement