Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ones stock good maternity clothes?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Hi I live in Cork and most of the shops that stock maternity, next, h and m, new look, all have either awful selections, messy old fashioned looking clothes or one or two pieces shoved in a corner. I don't mind travelling up the country to pick up a few bits so can anyone recommend certain stores that have good selections please? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Hi I live in Cork and most of the shops that stock maternity, next, h and m, new look, all have either awful selections, messy old fashioned looking clothes or one or two pieces shoved in a corner. I don't mind travelling up the country to pick up a few bits so can anyone recommend certain stores that have good selections please? Thanks

Dublin is well out of ur way but top shop at Stephens green is good, h&m in dundrum shopping centre is v.good and I've heard that next at Liffey valley is good but haven't been there myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I got some of my maternity stuff on e bay and found them great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My mum sent me over a package of maternity clothes from Dorothy Perkins, and I find them very nice and comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kazvixen

I know what you mean Cadyboo. I live in Dublin and have been in all the shops mentioned (H&M, Dorothy Perkins, New Look, etc) and the clothes are just awful. I'm 6 months and am looking for a nice dress to wear to my work xmas party and then to my brothers 21st on New Years Eve and have yet to see anything nice. I'll keep you posted if I do come across anything. At the moment I am just wearing bigger sizes in most things from the usual shops that I like - River Island, etc. but I'm fast growing out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Thanks for your replies girls. I wouldn't mind an old shopping trip to Dublin over xmas ;)
    Since I wrote last I got a lovely grey with black polka dots (small ones) jersey type dress in New look has cleavage showing, comes with black belt but I wore a red one and red jewellery and have to say I felt amazing in it when I wore it to dinner. Was only 25e or something. Also bought a dress in dunnes in a bigger size and a black dress in red herring (a little bit frumpy but can be jazzed up and is amazingly comfy). So they will do me for nights out over xmas, its jeans and casual clothes I am finding it hard to come across now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies girls. I wouldn't mind an old shopping trip to Dublin over xmas ;)
    Since I wrote last I got a lovely grey with black polka dots (small ones) jersey type dress in New look has cleavage showing, comes with black belt but I wore a red one and red jewellery and have to say I felt amazing in it when I wore it to dinner. Was only 25e or something. Also bought a dress in dunnes in a bigger size and a black dress in red herring (a little bit frumpy but can be jazzed up and is amazingly comfy). So they will do me for nights out over xmas, its jeans and casual clothes I am finding it hard to come across now. :(

H&m's do v. Comfy nice skinny jeans - and mostly I can get away with tops or jumpers from pre pregnancy with a long black maternity vest or string top underneath to ensure enough length- but I'm a quite neat 30 weeks.
    I got a couple of nice dresses on asos - but had to get them altered as they were complete tents - but v.worth it as they are gorgeous!
    I only wear skinny jeans do can't helP ya other than that! I had gotten jeans on top shop but they are below the bump and over 6 months I found the above the bump style the only comfortable kind - otherwise my baby gets annoyed with the band and let's me know about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

dublinlady wrote: »
    H&m's do v. Comfy nice skinny jeans - and mostly I can get away with tops or jumpers from pre pregnancy with a long black maternity vest or string top underneath to ensure enough length- but I'm a quite neat 30 weeks.
    I got a couple of nice dresses on asos - but had to get them altered as they were complete tents - but v.worth it as they are gorgeous!
    I only wear skinny jeans do can't helP ya other than that! I had gotten jeans on top shop but they are below the bump and over 6 months I found the above the bump style the only comfortable kind - otherwise my baby gets annoyed with the band and let's me know about it!!!

Thanks but the h and m in cork have a terrible selection. Haven't seen any jeans in there tbh only leggings and black pants. And Id love a pair of straight legged jeans, or even skinnies, not too skinny though.
    I keep looking at asos but hate not knowing how true their sizes are.
    Lucky you still fitting into your own jumpers, I have a fair bump and am only 21 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

ASOS have a great maternity section and always stuff on sale too!

Advertisement