Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend place for Early Pregnancy Scan

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

I'd like to get a private early pregnancy scan before Christmas - I'll be 8.5-9 wks then.

Can anyone recommend a place in or nearish to Dublin, around the 95-100 euro mark, flexible appointment times like weekends or late evenings?

OH really wants to be there & neither of us can really take any time off work before Christmas and we're not exactly minted so can't pay for the 150+ scans.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 7 lollisue

I got one in Mount Carmel at 7 weeks. 95 euro and they do saturdays, not sure about late evenings. The website is http://www.pregnancyultrasound.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Try www.babyscan.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I went to Ultrasound dimesions in Blackrock, but I can't remember how much it cost us.
    I think there's also a place in Tallaght, but I'm not sure if they are open evenings and weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Not sure of price or hrs but check out Merrion fetal health - its beside holles st, I went there at 7&9 weeks (due to discovery of twins which unfortunately only one has survived) but I found them v. Good, think it was around 100 quid for first and 60 for 2nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Second vote for Mount Carmel. Got a scan at 9 weeks for €95 and it was a Saturday morning appointment. They were lovely in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭newmammy2011

I went to femplus in Roselawn in Dublin 15.
    They were lovely.
    €100 for early pregnancy scan.
    http://femplus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

We had an early scan at http://www.theultrasoundsuite.ie/. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Another vote for Mount Carmel. They def do Saturdays, don't know about evenings.

The reason we went there is because they have a consultant on call who will come and speak to you should *god forbid* anything not look right on the scan.

On my first pregnancy I went to Babyscan on a Saturday and found out things weren't as they should be-worst thing was the person in Babyscan, who was lovely don't get me wrong, was only a scan technician and couldn't give me any details on what the outcomes might be or what happens next, all she could advise was to go see our GP the following Monday, so two long days of limbo.

We went for Mount Carmel second time round just in case, everything was fine so didn't need the consultant but it was reassuring to know that one was available.
    Quality of scans etc is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Thanks everyone.

Mount Carmel is booked to the gills the week before Christmas & Femplus in Blanch also!

Got an apt in Swords in the babyscan clinic there. It's 99 and they do Saturdays. The lady doing the booking was lovely, chatted to me for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭soddy1979

Hi Mink,

We went to babyscan in Swords (we went on a Sunday!). You get as many photos as you want, as well as a DVD. Keeping it for our little man's 18th.

Best of luck!

Soddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kbolt

Hiya Mink,
    We went to Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock.

It was a really good experience.

http://www.ultrasounddimensions.ie/
    95 euro with a medical card.

Good luck!!

Advertisement