Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

On a budget of €250 I need 2 bumpers spray painted..anyone?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Howye,
    I'm converting a 2003 VW Transporter into a decent dayvan/campervan as budget permits...I'd like to finish the black plastic bumpers in the same silver as the body (its the standard LA7W silver used on vw's of that era)...think its known as colour coding the bumpers anyways...
    Now I have a fair idea whats involved to do a proper paint job as I watched my Mk1 golf being done a few years back and I read up about these black plastic bumpers from the internet. Seems to me that buying some made up aerosols and spraying it myself might be a bit of a fools errand as I don't have the proper facilities and will end up being a bit of a dogs dinner and its best left to the pros but I'm tight on funds now as I had to get that fecking dual mass clutch done there last month
    Wondering if I did the prep work (wet n dry + the proper plastic bumper primer) can anyone help me get it done for €200ish?
    I'm in Ballybrack on the southside of Dublin but I'd drop them anywhere within reason along east coast

thanks
    Martin
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

My local bodyshop charges EUR160 per panel (eg wing, door etc) and EUR190 for ABS plastic panels as the proper primer is expensive. These prices incl. prep work. Shop around and you should get it in budget. My guy is a bit far out from you, South Wicklow.

Advertisement