Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter questions

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm sure these questions have been asked lots of times before butheres goes.
    I park my van outside at the side of the house (no cover)
    Should I put it on the blocks to raise the front of it
    Should I leave my van plugged in over the winter months
    Should I use a electric dehumidifier, my concern with this is am I just pulling the moisture from outside the van as well.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

I use mine in the winter so I don't have any of those issues.
    If you leave a van standing though keep an eye to your batteries they discharge much faster in the cold. Wherever possible keep them above 12.4v to prevent cell damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I think a dehumidifier is a good idea for a couple of hours a day.
    These usually need the temp to be at a certain level 15 deg or something to work.It will suck in outside air but it will do the inside air first me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

if you have a look through my thread on Tips , a lot of that is covered , sorry in a hurry now so can't directly link to it!

Advertisement