Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRMIA

Options
  • 06-12-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone undertaken the PRMIA exams?

What's the workload/exams like?

My job is looking for us to these in the future. At the moment I dont have the required pre requisites that my job have outlined to do this but when I do I really want to do them as risk is something that I have always wanted to get into.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Sorry to wake this thread up, but checking to see what people think of these PRMIA exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I think some of the banks view them as a positive. I don't think they are tremendously difficult.

I'd consider the FRM through GARP to be more globally recognised, but that's just my opinion.

The PRMIA have a slightly higher cache here in Ireland than elsewhere as I understand there is an Irish influence behind the scenes. My gut feeling is that GARP is a more likely association to sustain over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

ligerdub wrote: »
    I think some of the banks view them as a positive. I don't think they are tremendously difficult.

I'd consider the FRM through GARP to be more globally recognised, but that's just my opinion.

The PRMIA have a slightly higher cache here in Ireland than elsewhere as I understand there is an Irish influence behind the scenes. My gut feeling is that GARP is a more likely association to sustain over the years.

I looked at the website... the chair of their Global Board is Irish so I guess that is part of it...

Advertisement