Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's really to blame.

Options
  • 06-12-2011 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭

Everybody’s blaming somebody for the current economic crisis, whether it’s bankers, builders, the previous Government, the EU or the people who took out large mortgages, yet nobody has levelled the finger of blame at the person most responsible.

Obviously I’m referring to Mario Rosenstock.

This guy started his Gift Grub show in 1999 and basically decided to portray Bertie as a lovable easy going guy – just one of us. We now know (and it was obvious at the time) that Bertie was a crook, up to his neck in dodgy dealings, splurging the cash of the Celtic Tiger on short-term solutions to buy his re-elections.

What a dereliction of duty for a so-called satirist – you’re supposed to be using you wit as a weapon to expose the injustices and wrongs of society.

Instead ‘super’ Mario goes for the nice easy option – poke a little bit of fun at the fact that poor old Bertie sometimes mixes his words up and says spanner a lot.

On Budget Day 2 – I say – hang your head in shame Mr Rosenstock!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Yor ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I eh in-facta d-d-don't eh like being eh caricatured in an eh infatca negative light and I-I-I eh would eh have Mario infacta eh sacked if he eh continued in such a v-v-vitriolic way eh......

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Vanderbilt

property flippers have a similar level of culpability

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, it's Mario's job to do political research for the proles and condense it all down into a short but accurate parody so that they may be able to make an informed decision about their political appointees based on a ten-minute sketch.

For shame, Mario!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

seamus wrote: »
    Yes, it's Mario's job to do political research for the proles and condense it all down into a short but accurate parody so that they may be able to make an informed decision about their political appointees based on a ten-minute sketch.

For shame, Mario!

Exactly my point - thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Is this a thread about who's to blame or a thread to give out about Mario Rosenstock? Who's hilarious actually in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭cml387

I thought it was building the M3 motorway past Tara that caused all the problems. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Wait wait wait there's an economic crisis? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I blame Wario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

The feckin greeks!!! comin over here taking our women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Greed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I blame Gordon Gecko in the movie Wall Street

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

jews

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

As suitseir says it's greed.

The greed of Seanie Fitz to try to get more market share of mortgages.
    The greed of the other banks for trying to keep up with Seanies unsutainable business model.
    The greed of the property flippers trying to make a quick buck.
    The greed of politicians rezoning land, taking "donations", turning a blind eye etc etc.

Greed, greed, greed and more ****ing greed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What a dereliction of duty for a so-called satirist – you’re supposed to be using you wit as a weapon to expose the injustices and wrongs of society.

Rosenstock is a comedian / impersonator and not a very good one at that.

However, I don't think he ever was or will be a political satirist.

There hasn't been any proper political satire on Irish radio since "Scrap Saturday".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The ECB and their historically low interest rates. That's who!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

dead one wrote: »
    jews
    Solid choice. Going with lizard people personally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

poor banking regulation fukced us all up....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Your man, you know? Your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Nobody will ever take the blame for this balls up. Good old Ireland :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

mathie wrote: »

The greed of the other banks for trying to keep up with Seanies unsutainable business model.
    The greed of politicians rezoning land, taking "donations", turning a blind eye etc etc.

All of the above wouldn't have been possible without the people of this country, i mainly blame the people of this country, we voted in the gov, we spent spent and spent, in 2000 if bertie turned around and said hold on a min, you can't spend that much, the people would have voted FF out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

dead one wrote: »
    jews

Mel Gibson is on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Its the fault of the government and their employees in the public service ( the regulator, the central bank etc ) whose job was to regulate and stop the economy crashing. They failed, yet they still have their big pensions ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Brendog wrote: »
    The feckin greeks!!! comin over here taking our women.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

I blame Sinead O'Connor

1992 She rips up a picture of the pope

Bam....15 years later the financial crash - coincedence???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Tom wrote: »
    I blame Sinead O'Connor

1992 She rips up a picture of the pope

Bam....15 years later the financial crash - coincedence???

Maybe we should blame the Pope himself, as 4 of most of the financially bust countries in Europe Portugal Italy Ireland Spain - are the countries which are most Catholic ? Should the Pope be blamed or just co-incidence ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The loose supply of credit.

The desire for property.

The state bailing out the banksters/developers.

The inflation of the cost of the public sector with no reverse gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

gigino wrote: »
    Maybe we should blame the Pope himself, as 4 of most of the financially bust countries in Europe Portugal Italy Ireland Spain - are the countries which are most Catholic ? Should the Pope be blamed or just co-incidence ?

If you want to go down this blatantly sectarian line then we could say the money was loaned recklessly from non-Catholic countries.

If many of us had our way they wouldn't be getting any back from the Irish tax-payer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mathie wrote: »

All of the above wouldn't have been possible without the people of this country, i mainly blame the people of this country, we voted in the gov, we spent spent and spent, in 2000 if bertie turned around and said hold on a min, you can't spend that much, the people would have voted FF out
    You might have voted Fianna Fail, plenty didn't, so what's the "We voted in the government" stuff about?
    At the same time though, I agree nobody was complaining at the time things were sweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement