Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unload here

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Really hope this thread works out as it'll probably come in handy for anyone who needs it.

This thread is for people who need to let something out, someone who has something they need to say but can't in real life. Very different from the argh thread as this one is for things of a more personal nature which are weighing you down. It's usually easier to get stuff off your chest by writing it down, rather than saying it to someone in the flesh.

I'll start it off, and I really hope more people follow suit, I don't want to be the only one. But if it doesn't work out then mods feel free to lock this.

OK, my brother recently got out of hospital, he was in there for months. I'm not going to say why he was there but the parents were in with him from morning until night every day. I wasn't told anything of his progress and for about a fortnight I thought he was dying. It wasn't a fun lead up to christmas and even though he's home now, back in school and has made a full recovery I needed to say that, it was eating away at me.

I've probably worded this whole thread wrong, there's probably multiple duplicates etc, I dunno if this is even the forum for this sort of thing it just felt most suitable here, teens go through a shít amount of stress.

Anyone who needs to unload, the floor is yours. (please god don't let me be the only one :o)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

glad to hear your brothers better but between letters from c&h to the world, aaaargh and yaaaaah is this not slightly unneccessary? although another reason to rant is always welcome.:pac:

may as well give it a go anyway.
    So saturday night I hit someone. Not particulary proud of it , I don't hit people I'm the calm sensible friendly guy the world knows and loves :( but our bouncer couldn't come in and I was left with crowd control duties. Things were crazy, when the cats away the mice will play as they say, after a night of me throwing people out i was getting frustrated and desperate and so when I seen the scumbag starting on one of my colleagues I just lost it ,grabbed him, pinned his arms behind his back and ****ed him out the door and when he came back at me I smacked him square in the jaw, out of bloody instinct like an animal. I've never been a slave to anger like that and I don't like the feeling one bit. Then the scariness started all his friends grabbing at me ,my shirt and and throat and he landed one on my face have you ever been so angry you didn't even feel damage being done to your body? and the scariest bit was I didn't come inside like a sensible person, I stood there revelling in anger until I was pulled inside by one of the lads, that's not the guy I wan't to be. This realisation of how quickly a situation can escalate and how people are more inclined to gang up then fight fair came as a shock. slowly anger gives way to niggling fear as the angry group of drunkards stood outside kicking at the door while the guards were nowhere to be seen.

and here I am left standing inside the door with all these thoughts racing through my head of "I hit him first, I'm gonna lose my job" to "**** there's more of them than me if that door gives out I may just die here surrounded by drunk people and half eaten taco chips" to " If I'm quick enough, I can open the door, drag him in and lock it before the rest of them can come to help him" anger can change you for the worst judgement wise.

I've come to understand what Hamlet meant by "passion's slave" and I don't like it.

And the most niggling thought now is I have to face these drunken, bestial, angry versions of humanity next Saturday night, and the next and the next after that.

It's not a nice thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Nice idea, but as f0ggy92 already said, between letters to the world, arrrggghhh, yaaaah and have you ever had depression I think there's plenty of threads to cover all emotions.

Pigwidgeon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement