Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for deals on big LED TVs Christmas sale December 2011

Options
  • 05-12-2011 10:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Does anyone know where to buy a big LED (smart) TV preferably Samsung from 46 to 55 inches at a decent price? Maybe there is also a deal with blu-ray DVD bundle and/or Sonly PSP or Xbox? Any deals out there which can beat Pixmania and in-store prices of Currys for example? My location is Dublin. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanpearse

i'm looking for something similar....help/advice anyone???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

pc world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

I bought mine through work from a trade company in UK, we have an account with them for IT stuff. Better priced than dixons etc. if you like pm me the model you're after and i can see what it is from our crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanpearse

M three wrote: »
    I bought mine through work from a trade company in UK, we have an account with them for IT stuff. Better priced than dixons etc. if you like pm me the model you're after and i can see what it is from our crowd

Thanks that's very nice of you to offer but I've already ordered one off pixmania. I ended up going for the Samsung PS43D490ZF 43" 3D Plasma. It was €429 plus 55 for delivery. About 70 quid cheaper than currys/pc world so I was happy enough. I've heard a few dodgy reports about pixmania though so hopefully there's no dramas with the delivery etc. now.

Thanks again for the offer though mate much appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 fproviders

Samsung UE46D6530. Got it in PC World - a deal for 1499 EUR includes TV, 3D blue ray DVD Player, a pair of 3D glasses and cables. It was for 1360 EUR on Pixmania (DVD player sold separately for 130 EUR)

See if your UK company can beat the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

fproviders wrote: »
    Samsung UE46D6530. Got it in PC World - a deal for 1499 EUR includes TV, 3D blue ray DVD Player, a pair of 3D glasses and cables. It was for 1360 EUR on Pixmania (DVD player sold separately for 130 EUR)

See if your UK company can beat the deal.

Just to clarify, it is not our uk company, it is a company we source IT equipment from, i am far from interested inselling tv's, i just said id try to help out seanpearse above and see how the value for money here stacked up, seeing as we're so used to everyting being more expensive in ireland.

i did a search for your Samsung UE46D6530 on the trade site but nothing came up, possibly they dont stock it or no longer stock it if its an older model. Looks like you got a good deal there with it being a bundle and all :)
    Also Uk company dont seem to do 3d glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I got my sony full HD 3dtv 55inch led tv in powercity for 1.350 which I thought was very good it does not come with 3d glasses though sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

biggebruv wrote: »
    I got my sony full HD 3dtv 55inch led tv in powercity for 1.350 which I thought was very good it does not come with 3d glasses though sadly!

Thats a bit crap tbh.
    DID and Currys have been doing 46/50inch ones with glasses and a blu ray player for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Thats a bit crap tbh.
    DID and Currys have been doing 46/50inch ones with glasses and a blu ray player for that price

What have DID and Currys been doing 55inch ones for with glasses and a blu-ray player for?
    At least compare like with like....and at least Power City is irish-owned...

Not crap at all IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

exaisle wrote: »
    What have DID and Currys been doing 55inch ones for with glasses and a blu-ray player for?
    At least compare like with like....and at least Power City is irish-owned...

Not crap at all IMHO.

DID (IRISH OWNED!!!)
    Samsung 46" series 6 with 3d blu ray player and 2 sets of 3d glasses
    1350 euros

Not much point of having a 3d tv and not being able to watch 3d!

Whats the point of selling a 3d tv without the means of watching the main reason its so pricy, ie the 3D ??!!!

3d blu ray players are about 150 - 200 euros
    proper 3d glasses are about 150 a pair

• Advertisement
Advertisement