Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI change rules again READ THIS

Options
  • 05-12-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Vhi rules change 01.01.2012

If you switch or buy a different plan after 1 January 2012, you will be subject to the following waiting periods to upgrades in inpatient cover, for any condition you did not have at the time of upgrade:

Under 55 - 26 weeks
    55-64 - 52 weeks
    65 or over - 104 weeks

Prior to 1 January 2012, Vhi provide full cover for upgrades in inpatient cover, if you did not have the medical condition at the time of the upgrade.

I just can't understand how they can do this......and trying to sneak this in on budget day.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

The private health insurance industry is heading for oblivion, constant price rises, reduction in cover and this latest sneaky move simply means more people choosing to forgo their insurance. The less people covered means premiums need to keep rising. A vicious circle.

Its about time James Reily put some meat on the bones of his promised universal health insurance scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Not only that but the public hospitals will be put under more pressure as they're not raising as much money from private patients. And VHI have also said prices could rise by 50% due to the increase in private beds in public hospitals. It's crazy. No wonder why Liberty Mutual said you'd be mad to buy the Quinn Health Insurance arm. I'd rather be paying my insurance costs to the state if they could streamline the health service into something more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭billyhead

If I were to renew my VHI cover before January would I then avoid the increased charges if the renewal qoute specified a certain amount for the year? i.e can they just change the direct payment amount during the year if they decide to increase the premiums

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭QDog10

To be honest i can't see this being much of a problem as majority of members will be downgrading or coming off altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lar203

yep i had to down grade and im holding on to that with my finger nails

• Advertisement
Advertisement