Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing lights

Options
  • 05-12-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

If anyone has any good tutorials or shcema's for lights on a 2 stroke would they mind posting them,
    Thanks
    Gareth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

gardoyle27 wrote: »
    If anyone has any good tutorials or shcema's for lights on a 2 stroke would they mind posting them,
    Thanks
    Gareth

What type of bike is it and more importantly was it designed to have lights? If the bike wasn't designed for lights it'll be a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gardoyle27

it is a 05 gasgas ec200 that orignally would have had lights, the headlight and tail light are on the bike but the lighting loom itself was butchered out, just want to get them back up and runing without haveing to by expensive oem parts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

it is a 05 gasgas ec200 that orignally would have had lights, the headlight and tail light are on the bike but the lighting loom itself was butchered out, just want to get them back up and runing without haveing to by expensive oem parts

Have you had a look through the manuals online? The wiring is fairly rudimentary but if you can't find any info I'll try and figure it from my EC250. Are there switches still on the bike or is everything gone?

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/3.html

i seen this one it's for the 06 model would it be the same? the problem is that the cables into the CDI have been cut right town to the clip so there is nothing to join cables into ......

http://gasgas.com/manuals/ec_shopmanual_06.pdf

also all i am looking todo is get the headlight and tails light working and nothing else, is it as straight forward as connecting the possitive and negative to the stator??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

i seen this one it's for the 06 model would it be the same? the problem is that the cables into the CDI have been cut right town to the clip so there is nothing to join cables into ......

http://gasgas.com/manuals/ec_shopmanual_06.pdf

also all i am looking todo is get the headlight and tails light working and nothing else, is it as straight forward as connecting the possitive and negative to the stator??

In the manual the wiring diagram has a lighting circuit in the bottom left corner, if you can find that and then follow it back to you can just run wires from there. My screen is too small to follow the diagram.

Why do you want the lights back on? They won't light up much, there are only a token to remain road legal. While in Ireland you don't need lights for daytime road use. But if they are fitted they must work.

• Advertisement

It looks like the yellow 'P+' wire in the connector block in the centre of the diagram is a common positive and it will feed the lights. Connect an earth to one of the earth wires or the bike frame and make sure to put an inline fuse on the positive to the lights or you'll kill the bike if the wiring gets damaged.

I'm assuming you just want a 21w bulb up front and a red 5w taillight to the rear - you aren't putting brake lights or indicators on it?

Simples...

'cptr

It looks like the yellow 'P+' wire in the connector block in the centre of the diagram is a common positive and it will feed the lights. Connect an earth to one of the earth wires or the bike frame and make sure to put an inline fuse on the positive to the lights or you'll kill the bike if the wiring gets damaged.

I'm assuming you just want a 21w bulb up front and a red 5w taillight to the rear - you aren't putting brake lights or indicators on it?

Simples...

'cptr

i was hoping to install the brake light aswell, will that make much of a difference?

i was hoping to install the brake light aswell, will that make much of a difference?

No - just follow the wiring for the switch from the diagram - the 21w brake light won't make any extra difference. You could add LED lights and pull feck all power.

'c

Advertisement