Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lol @ most irish people

Options
  • 05-12-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Yes it was a bad budget for some, but it has to be done i'm afraid, but still people need to realise what you need and what are luxuries, i've a mate who says he wouldn't be able to live without sky and internet, wait what!

2o0yA.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Oh internet you have turned my brain to mush - I just tried to like that image :(

Yeah, I agree with your point, to a point.
    But at the same time, there are ALOT of people out there really genuinely struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

At least Paul will be able to release some aggression on Live shouting at 12 year old American kids. Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Lol @ most Irish people

Nice title :rolleyes:. "But is has to be done* says the *Fighting Irish*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I want to go to Pauls house to do a poo...

..... all over his walls and carpet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Your friend OP doesn't have the slightest clue or understand the concept, or the reality of what it is to go without .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

But at the same time, there are ALOT of people out there really genuinely struggling.

So do we all stoop down and struggle with them or do we jump and dance over them while we reach for the stars.
    It seem a few are bringing down the mood of everybody, it can't continue. Enough of the struggling already...

Struggling is having to walk 5 miles for water, Struggling Irish style is having to cancel the HD package.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

when you have the internet you dont need sky, am 18 months with no tv channels and couldnt care less, harddrive and media player connected to tv ftw, watch what I want when I want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

So your friend Paul is a bit dim which you take to = "lol @ most irish people"

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

The people who are affected to some degree are mostly just greedy. I know several people who claim to be 'struggling' and yet go out every second Friday and Saturday night blowing €100 or more...these type are merely greedy. True - there exists some real struggling families - while the others are sucking up the pity and attention when all they are going to miss is another night out or a crate of Budweiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

So your friend Paul is a bit dim which you take to = "lol @ most irish people"

:confused:

Obviously it's just a dim group of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

krudler wrote: »
    when you have the internet you dont need sky, am 18 months with no tv channels and couldnt care less, harddrive and media player connected to tv ftw, watch what I want when I want.

Think this is the way forward watch what you want , the internet can be educational as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Poor Paul, he could only afford an Xbox.

Perhaps when the newer one comes out in about two years he can afford a 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Who needs Sky? The worst of Murdoch drivel and tripe. It's hard to tell whether it or its American sister station Pox News is the worst. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

paul =/= most irish people.

or does he?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I believe there are a lot of people out there who are genuinely struggling.

However, I also believe there is rather a high percentage of people out there who are struggling when really they aren't or wouldn't be if they would just simply rearrange their spending habits and create less wastage.

Take some of my friends. Some of them are graduated and fortunately all have jobs in Ireland. A few of them for example work in a call centre which isn't altogether a great job, considering they have degrees, but they don't seem to mind the job for now. They get paid monthly at about €1400/€1500.

They rent and they are young and single. After rent they have about €1200 each to last them a month. Bills maybe €80/month(gas,esb,upc)?? They also have no loans etc. to pay. And yet two/three weeks after they bang on about how poor they are and how all their money is gone. Because they spend a great deal of it on takeaways and alcohol, which is fine...it's their money afterall, but don't complain because you are too lazy to cook or won't sacrafice a night out because you can't budget your money.

I know their salary is only about €18000/year but if I had that amount of money to last me each month, I'd be over the moon.

Also my parents. They are not struggling by any means. Not rich, but no money worries at the same time. Every week though they spend money on needless items and they also do their food shopping for each indvidual day which again leads to higher costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Obviously it's just a dim group of people.

Or Paul's nickname is 'most Irish people'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I couldn't live without sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

krudler wrote: »

I have to agree with Krudler.
    All one needs is a tv, an internet connection & a media player device (Even an xbox 360, ps3 or heck, some tv's have media players built in!)

... But since you got a tv. Get FreeSat and Saorview installed. Free tv. No more bills. Its crazy that the average person does not know about FreeSat. :confused:

Advertisement