Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying First Smartphone

Options
  • 05-12-2011 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi I’m looking to get my first smartphone this Christmas. I just want one that is easy to navigate and browse the web with, I’m not bothered about a good camera or anything. I’m also going to stay on the O2 network so the options with my modest budget are: Samsung Galaxy Y, Sony Erikson Xperia Mini, HTC Explorer and the LG P350 Optimus.

Has anyone used/owned any of these phones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Emma1980

would be interested in reviews on the htc explorer as its available to me as an upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

barbar69 wrote: »
    Hi I’m looking to get my first smartphone this Christmas. I just want one that is easy to navigate and browse the web with, I’m not bothered about a good camera or anything. I’m also going to stay on the O2 network so the options with my modest budget are: Samsung Galaxy Y, Sony Erikson Xperia Mini, HTC Explorer and the LG P350 Optimus.

Has anyone used/owned any of these phones?

As a starter phone the galaxy y would be a good choice for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

As a starter phone the galaxy y would be a good choice for you.

I'd give the Galaxy Y a miss imho. It has the lowest screen resolution of the lot (320x240) and it gets really annoying for browsing and the like. You'd also be missing out on some apps as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini is the best phone its, got 2.3 and the fastest processor. (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 barbar69

Thanks for your responses. The xperia seems to be getting the best reviews so I'll probably go for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

The HTC Explorer is quite good, I just bought one last week.
    The screen is a little smaller than your average smartphone, but the zoom options are very simple so it's not a problem. Personally I like having a phone that's portable and fits comfortably in your pocket:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Whats the screen response on the HTC Explorer like. Thats usually the main issue with cheap touch phones, is the responsiveness is usually not as good as the more expensive phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Colonel Kurtz

No problems with the response at all. It seems fine to me.

Advertisement